1. Kanye West released the cover of his upcoming album Yeezus Friday, and it’s just a piece of tape.
2. The Beatles’ 1968 self-titled album, commonly referred to as “The White Album,” was known for its minimilist packaging, but let’s be honest, just a piece of tape is even more minimilist.
3. The cover was thought to be this gold thing for a while because Kim Kardashian tweeted it after Ye’s Saturday Night Live performance.
4. But no, that was too much. Just tape is all.
5. (Also important to note is that at the bottom of his website under the album art, Mr. West put a gif of a spinning globe.)
6. The end.
In The News Today
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing 9 people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Donald Trump has pledged to support the eventual Republican presidential nominee in 2016 and not mount a 3rd-party run. ›