1. Kanye West released the cover of his upcoming album Yeezus Friday, and it’s just a piece of tape.
2. The Beatles’ 1968 self-titled album, commonly referred to as “The White Album,” was known for its minimilist packaging, but let’s be honest, just a piece of tape is even more minimilist.
3. The cover was thought to be this gold thing for a while because Kim Kardashian tweeted it after Ye’s Saturday Night Live performance.
4. But no, that was too much. Just tape is all.
5. (Also important to note is that at the bottom of his website under the album art, Mr. West put a gif of a spinning globe.)
6. The end.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports. The Taliban has not responded to the reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️