1. Kanye West released the cover of his upcoming album Yeezus Friday, and it’s just a piece of tape.
2. The Beatles’ 1968 self-titled album, commonly referred to as “The White Album,” was known for its minimilist packaging, but let’s be honest, just a piece of tape is even more minimilist.
3. The cover was thought to be this gold thing for a while because Kim Kardashian tweeted it after Ye’s Saturday Night Live performance.
4. But no, that was too much. Just tape is all.
5. (Also important to note is that at the bottom of his website under the album art, Mr. West put a gif of a spinning globe.)
6. The end.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›