1. Kanye West released the cover of his upcoming album Yeezus Friday, and it’s just a piece of tape.
2. The Beatles’ 1968 self-titled album, commonly referred to as “The White Album,” was known for its minimilist packaging, but let’s be honest, just a piece of tape is even more minimilist.
3. The cover was thought to be this gold thing for a while because Kim Kardashian tweeted it after Ye’s Saturday Night Live performance.
4. But no, that was too much. Just tape is all.
5. (Also important to note is that at the bottom of his website under the album art, Mr. West put a gif of a spinning globe.)
6. The end.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?