1. Gaga spent the whole night “asleep” in this “huge bottle of perfume.”
The party took place at the Guggenheim Museum in uptown Manhattan. The bottle was in the shape of her new perfume, “Fame.”
2. Guests were allowed to “touch” her hand while “she slept.”
A guest of the party tells BuzzFeed: “While she pretended to be asleep in a giant bottle of her perfume, people would go up and touch her hand and get their picture taken. This went on for like 30-60 minutes.”
As seen in this photo, Marc Jacobs was among the hand-touchers.
3. When she “woke up,” hairdressers started shaving the back of her head.
Says our party-going source: “She finally ‘awoke’ and started ‘getting ready,’ so we thought an actual performance was going down. NOPE. Her handlers in the bottle started reshaving her undercut.” (Gaga had shaved her head before the party, so this was a reshave.)
4. This was so that a tattoo artist could give her a new tattoo on the back of her head.
5. The tattoo thing went on for almost an hour.
Here’s one ten minute clip.
Meanwhile, outside of the massive perfume bottle…
6. Everyone at the party had to wear a hat or mask.
Some people got really serious about it.
Yoko Ono wore a top hat.
7. One woman wore a dead cat on her head.
8. Designer Alexander Wang dressed up as Hannibal.
9. And finally, lots of guys were walking around in leather bondage outfits.
Their purpose at the event was not entirely clear.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›