1. “Your Song” - Elton John
Ellie Goulding’s version of this song was so good that Prince William and Kate Middleton asked her to perform it at the Royal Wedding party for their first dance… even though Elton John was attending.
2. “Be Mine” - Robyn
Robyn’s song about unrequited love becomes 1000x more emotionally devastating in this beautiful slowed-down version. This is the song to listen to when you fall for someone you can’t have.
3. “Some Nights” - Fun
Need to cheer up? Ellie’s live version of Fun’s hit retains all of the enthusiasm of the original song, but with more vocal gymnastics.
4. “The Cave” - Mumford and Sons
This live version of “The Cave” is so great that you can excuse the noticeable lack of banjos.
5. “Only Girl In The World” - Rihanna
In Ellie’s hands, this in-your-face Rihanna song becomes something soft, sweet, and, thanks to the live orchestra accompanying her, symphonic.
6. “Jolene” - Dolly Parton
The British songstress owns this classic American country song and makes it her own.
7. “High For This” - The Weeknd
Unlike most of the other covers on this list, Ellie is neither live or acoustic in this song. Instead, she puts her own electronic spin on the dark, bass-heavy hit.
8. “Heartbeats” - The Knife
Nobody can sing about relationships — particularly difficult and painful ones — like Ellie Goulding. Even when she didn’t write the song herself, the way she sings it will pretty much punch you in the heart.
9. “Sweet Disposition” - Temper Trap
Ellie’s ability to perform acoustic versions of electronic-heavy songs is unparalleled, as she once again demonstrates here.
10. “Tessellate” - Alt-J
In this single from her new album “Halcyon Days,” Ellie adds a sultry undertone to the already provocative song. It’s pretty seductive.
11. “The Wolves” - Bon Iver
Ellie’s ethereal voice is at its most angelic in this stripped-down, mostly acapella version of Bon Iver’s hit.
12. “Don’t Panic” - Coldplay
The amazing harmonies make this song memorable. The girl can sing live.
13. “Black & Gold” - Sam Sparro
One of the few upbeat songs covered by the British singer, this version of “Black and Gold” driven and yet somehow playful.
14. “Mirrors” - Justin Timberlake
Ellie retains the powerful emotion of Justin Timberlake’s hit and gives it a softer, more intimate feel.
15. “Roscoe” - Midlake
The princess of dance-pop sits down, picks up a guitar, and performs a gorgeous acoustic version of this indie song. (This is my personal favorite.)
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️