1. Who is Michael Arndt?
Until 2006, Michael Arndt was best known as Matthew Broderick’s assistant. That is, until he decided to start writing.
2. “Little Miss Sunshine” was his writing debut.
He hit gold, garnering a 91% on Rotten Tomatoes and winning the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay that year.
3. Next he was tapped by Pixar to pen the script for “Toy Story 3”.
And was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay (though The Social Network took home the prize).
4. His most recent work is “Catching Fire”, sequel to the blockbuster “Hunger Games”.
While there is no way to know for sure, I will safely assume they wouldn’t have handed such an important franchise to someone they weren’t 100% sure of.
5. No word yet on what the plot might be for Episode VII (Mara Jade please).
But the same Vulture source stated Disney would like to tell the story of much older Luke, Leia, and Han.
Based on past performance, Michael Arndt seems to be a good choice.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›