1. Who is Michael Arndt?
Until 2006, Michael Arndt was best known as Matthew Broderick’s assistant. That is, until he decided to start writing.
2. “Little Miss Sunshine” was his writing debut.
He hit gold, garnering a 91% on Rotten Tomatoes and winning the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay that year.
3. Next he was tapped by Pixar to pen the script for “Toy Story 3”.
And was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay (though The Social Network took home the prize).
4. His most recent work is “Catching Fire”, sequel to the blockbuster “Hunger Games”.
While there is no way to know for sure, I will safely assume they wouldn’t have handed such an important franchise to someone they weren’t 100% sure of.
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›