The space between the eyebrows. You are now looking at Ryan Gosling’s glabella. Congrats.
The sleeve on the outside of a coffee cup.
5. Niggly Wiggly
The paper ribbon at the top of Hershey’s Kiss.
The opposite of “sparkle.” To become dark.
A person guided by personal advantage rather than consistent principles. See: every politician ever.
Something that looks like a butt.
11. Columella nasi
The space between the nostrils. You are now looking at Justin Bieber’s columella nasi.
14. Jamais vu
What happens when you say a word for so long that it loses its meaning. Limit limit limit limit limit limit limit limit limit.
Getting mad at someone for eating or breathing too loudly (among other things). It’s also a brain disorder.
16. Brannock Device
The thing used to measure your feet at the shoe store.
The white spaces that randomly line up in a paragraph of text.
19. The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon
When you see something for the first time and then start to see it EVERYWHERE.
The loop on a belt that keeps the end in place after it has passed through the buckle.
The chills you get when listening to a really good piece of music. Or just anything really good.
The %#$&@ in comics, or anything else, used in place of a curse word. Also called jarns, nittles, and quimp.
27. L’esprit d’escalier or “stairway wit”
The moment after an argument when you think of a good comeback, but it’s way too late.
Congratulations, you now know everything! That feeling in your stomach? That’s the collywobbles of knowledge.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.