In a few short weeks, kids all over the country will be starting their first year of high school. These kids were by and large born in 1999, so it’s safe to assume that their high school experience will be different than yours. Here’s how…
1. They have never lived in a world with monthly texting limits.
2. Or in a world where they’ve had to look up directions and print them out.
4. Justin Timberlake was never this guy:
Jeffrey Mayor/Wire Image / Via ivillage.com
In fact, a lot of them have no idea who NSYNC were:
5. They are the same age as all these movies:
6. The Backstreet Boys have been a band longer than they’ve been alive.
12. They’ve never had the paralyzing fear that comes with picking the perfect away message.
Or the severe anxiety that comes with picking the perfect top 8.
13. You can say with some confidence that you have MP3s older than they are.
14. For them, Star Wars has always had more than three movies.
16. If you say “you sound like a broken record,” chances are they won’t understand you.
17. Leonardo DiCaprio has never looked like the guy in this picture.
Which might be the reason why tweets like these exist:
19. They most likely have never been able to drink these sweet, sweet beverages (and never will):
These foods too:
21. Steve was never ever the guy on the left:
Courtesy of Nickelodeon
22. They live in a world where Nirvana can be considered classic rock.
23. The cell phone you had when you were their age is now in a museum:
25. And, speaking of which, they are about the same age as the Krusty Krab Pizza episode.
28. These people were never “teens”:
29. They have also never lived in a world without the Furby.
30. They can measure how old they are by saying they’re “four Shrek movies old.”
Or by saying they’re “about two and a half Lindsay Lohan mug shots old.”
In The News Today
- A judge ruled that Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby will not have to recuse herself from the trial in the death of Freddie Gray. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›