1. The “Aladdin” Is Set In The Future Theory
There’s a scene in “Aladdin” where Genie calls Aladdin’s clothes “so 3rd century.” However, as we all know, the Genie was locked inside a lamp for the past 10,000 years, meaning that there is no way he could have known what the 3rd century was like.
This means that “Aladdin” actually takes place in the FUTURE, in at least 10,300 AD. The movie itself is set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, one where only some Arabic culture has survived. The things called “magic” are actually just some of the technological marvels left behind by the previous civilization. These include flying carpets and genetically engineered parrots which can comprehend human speech instead of just mimicking it.
How else could the Genie do impressions of ancient, long-dead celebrities like Groucho Marx, Jack Nicholson, etc?
2. The “Rugrats” Never Happened Theory
None of the babies in “Rugrats” actually exist, but they are all instead figments of Angelica’s imagination, as result of her parent’s negligence.
Chuckie died with his mother, which explains how much of a nervous wreck his father is.
Tommy was a stillborn baby, which explains why his father, Stu, was always in the basement making toys for the son he never had.
Finally, the DeVilles had an abortion. To compensate for not knowing the sex of the baby, Angelica invented twins in her head, one boy, one girl.
3. The Codename: James Bond Theory
Bond is not just one person. “James Bond” is as much a codename as “007.” This makes sense, and allows several actors to play the James Bond.
4. Rebecca Black’s “Friday”-JFK Theory
“Friday” is about the JFK assassination. The man driving the car JFK was in was named Samuel Kickin (Kickin in the front seat, sittin in the back seat…). The assassination occurred on a Friday, and after JFK was shot the secret service told Jackie Kennedy to “get down” (got to get down on Friday). The cold war and the spread of Communism are referenced (everybody’s Russian).
Finally, instead of eating a breakfast of eggs and sausage that morning, JFK opted for a bowl of Bran Flakes (got to have my bowl- got to have cereal). The following Monday, JFK was due to sign a law that provided bus transportation to all students (got to catch my bus…)
5. The Spongebob Mutant Theory
Spongebob and all his friends are the product radiation from atomic testing during the ’40s and ’50s on the Bikini Atoll. They live underneath the area, explaining the name “Bikini Bottom.”
7. The Two Inspector Gadgets Theory
There are actually two Inspector Gadgets. The first was long thought to be dead, so a second was built, one with the same dog, niece, life. When the first returns from being presumably dead and sees he has been replaced, he snaps. He vows to destroy the man who took his place and assumes a new identity… Dr. Claw.
8. The “Samuari Jack”-“Powerpuff Girls” Shared Universe Theory
“Samurai Jack” takes place in a post-apocalyptic Townsville.
9. The All Of Quentin Tarantino’s Films Take Place In The Same Universe Theory
From Cracked’s “6 Movie and TV Universes That Overlap in Mind-blowing Ways”:
It’s well known that all of Tarantino’s films take place in the same universe - this is established by the fact that Mr. Blonde and Vince Vega are brothers, everybody smokes Red Apple cigarettes, Mr. White worked with Alabama from True Romance, etc.
As it turns out, Donny Donowitz, ‘The Bear Jew’, is the father of movie producer Lee Donowitz from True Romance - which means that, in Tarantino’s universe, everybody grew up learning about how a bunch of commando Jews machine gunned Hitler to death in a burning movie theater, as opposed to quietly killing himself in a bunker.
Because World War 2 ended in a movie theater, everybody lends greater significance to pop culture, hence why seemingly everybody has Abed-level knowledge of movies and TV. Likewise, because America won World War 2 in one concentrated act of hyperviolent slaughter, Americans as a whole are more desensitized to that sort of thing. Hence why Butch is unfazed by killing two people, Mr. White and Mr. Pink take a pragmatic approach to killing in their line of work, Esmerelda the cab driver is obsessed with death, etc.
You can extrapolate this further when you realize that Tarantino’s movies are technically two universes - he’s gone on record as saying that Kill Bill and From Dusk ‘Til Dawn take place in a ‘movie movie universe’; that is, they’re movies that characters from the Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, and Death Proof universe would go to see in theaters. (Kill Bill, after all, is basically Fox Force Five, right on down to Mia Wallace playing the title role.)
What immediately springs to mind about Kill Bill and From Dusk ‘Til Dawn? That they’re crazy violent, even by Tarantino standards. These are the movies produced in a world where America’s crowning victory was locking a bunch of people in a movie theater and blowing it to bits - and keep in mind, Lee Donowitz, son of one of the people on the suicide mission to kill Hitler, is a very successful movie producer.
Basically, it turns every Tarantino movie into alternate reality sci fi.
10. The “Ferris Bueller”-“Fight Club” Theory
One day while he’s lying sick in bed, Cameron lets “Ferris” steal his father’s car and take the day off, and as Cameron wanders around the city, all of his interactions with Ferris and Sloane, and all the impossible hijinks, are all just played out in his head. This is part of the reason why the “three” characters can see so much of Chicago in less than one day — Cameron is alone, just imagining it all.
Ferris Bueller, the person, is just a figment of Cameron’s imagination, like Tyler Durden, and Sloane is the girl Cameron secretly loves.
11. The “Forrest Gump” Gump Jr. Theory
Forrest never had a son. Jenny just took advantage after learning how rich he became from his shrimp business.
12. The “Captain Planet” And “Magic Schoolbus” Are Actually The Same Show Theory
13. The Super Mario Bros 3 Never Happened Theory
14. The “Back To The Future” Suicidal Doc Theory
From redditor mcjesse:
Doc is suicidal during the scene where they test the time machine. Not only has he never tested the machine, but he says that most of his inventions have been failures.
Because of this he not only drives the Delorian towards himself, but grabs onto Marty so he cannot run away.
If his invention failed, they would have both died. Which is exactly what Doc wanted.
Will actually died in the fight on the basketball court in West Philly.
The taxi driver is actually God, who drives a “rare” cab. He takes Will to heaven, where he works out all his issues with his wealthy Aunt and Uncle.
Will only sees his mother and father on special occasions, because that’s when they come to visit his grave.
This one hurts the most.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- Museviolet thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is WTF & OMG
- rakl thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is Fail
- MrSwearword 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... and thinks it’s LOL, WTF & Smiley - Trident
- Whitney Jefferson thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is OMG & Win
- Sammi T. thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is OMG
- sometimesalwaysmostofthetime thinks 15 Insane Theories About Pop Culture ... is WTF
- Patrick 15 Insane Theories About Pop Culture ... and thinks it’s OMG, Win & LOL
- Megosaurusrex thinks 15 Insane Theories About Pop Culture ... is OMG
- jchizm thinks 15 Insane Theories About Pop Culture ... is Win
- ultra_balexbot thinks 15 Insane Theories About Pop Culture ... is Cute
- seannyfleming 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... and thinks it’s Win, Geeky & LOL
- arunmikkilineni + 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... and thinks it’s Smiley - Trident
- joels13 thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is OMG
- lindseyveronicap thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is OMG
- stephalica thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is WTF
- nathliam thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is WTF
- lisas27 thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is OMG & Win
- jasonp12 thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is WTF
- DukeOtterby 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T...
- danerkebab 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T...
- Bohss2256 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... and thinks it’s WTF, OMG & Win
- Minh 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T...
- gcsapo thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is Fail
- catesish thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is LOL
- robota thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is OMG
- Samir Mezrahi thinks 15 Insane Theories About Movies And T... is OMFG