This might have been everywhere you looked this year.
And people get a bit like this when talking about “the state of the music business”.
Pop music may look like it’s taken over the world completely.
But you must never lose hope. Because rock’n’roll will outlive all of us.
For it is a noble calling that has already survived things like Atlamont and Napster.
1. Because the devil has all the best tunes and the devil is not going anywhere.
2. And there are few things capable of speaking to more people than three chords and the truth.
3. Rock n’ roll helps make sense of life’s struggles, providing us with a binary division of all things.
4. It has so many varied and wonderful offshoots, such as…
7. And the spirit it embodies will never be entirely defeated.
8. Because Keith Richards is still alive.
And after 50 years in the game, his band is still one of the top three highest-grossing live acts in the country.
9. Because of the time Freddie Mercury said this.
10. Because of how cool Liam Gallagher looks smoking a cigarette.
Smoking is bad for you, kids, but still…
11. Because the Manic Street Preachers will never give up.
12. Because Lou Reed’s shit really was worth more than other people’s diamonds.
13. Because Iron Maiden prove it.
That would be 38 years in action, notching up 85 million record sales across 37 albums.
14. Also see: Metallica
32 years of service, and over 19 albums have shifted 54 million in the US alone.
15. Because KISS picture condoms are things that actually exist to buy.
16. Because this life lesson from Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler is absolutely the truth.
21. Rock n’ roll will never die, because Dave Grohl won’t let it.
Dude stops gigs to refill punters’ beer cups, FFS.
23. Because few feelings can ever top the transcendent power of the pit.
24. Because this quote from Kim Fowley, former manager of The Runaways, is the truest thing anyone ever said.
25. Because this six-year-old death metal singer proves the force is strong in the younger generation.
In fact, heavy metal children are becoming quite the thing actually.
26. And this matters because as somebody once said, the children are our future.
So, remember. You’re never too young, or too old, to rock out.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›