1. Moore Business Forms
The “Bell” was worn by the least efficient gal in the typing pool, week-to-week. This is Debbie during week #14 in a row.
1968 Ivory campaign pulls no punches and punches women right in their ever-aging faces.
Unbelievably horrible guilt trip laid on the ladies.
3. Heinz (read the copy)
1949 ad for Heinz soups, back when men had only two worries: Communism and Dinner.
“Well he’s bored with my conversation and cooking.
But if I cook better, he might again start to notice how fucking boring I am.
And the beatings might return.
Oh, shoot — OK, Heinz, I’ll give a try!”
5. Rid Jid
1957 ad for Rid Jid ironing boards bragging about their sales.
Not long enough for you to get out of ironing Hubby’s shirts every damn week, sweetheart.
Yes, this is a 1941 ad for ice.
Women and carrots have the same enemy.
No, it’s not Hitler.
And the giant carrots are going to get their moisture.
Little women, be damned.
1967 ad for General Electric bulbs.
“Hey Miss Pennyworthless, you spilled milk on my letter and put white-out in my coffee!
Is it too “dim” in here for you?”
8. Serax (a big anxiety drug in the 1960s)
(sorry for blurry copy, only one I could find)
Copy starts: “You know this woman. She’s anxious, irritable. She’s been that way for months.”
Could it be, because she does all the fucking housework?
Well, she ain’t gonna get free of that.
Here, babe, pop a couple of these every few hours.
9. Fairbanks-Morse lawnmowers
See, hon, it matches your outfit.
I’ll be inside drinking my myself blind, have fun.
Another ad in the Tab 1960s hilarious Mindsticker™ series.
BE IN HIS MIND. WITH YOUR SHAPE.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.