1. First it was Rafael Nadal going down in Round 1.
He lost to Steve Darcis.
2. Then Roger Federer got straight tooken out in Round 2.
By Sergiy Stakhovsky.
3. And so did Maria Sharapova.
She lost to Michelle Larcher de Brito.
4. And today, 23rd-seeded Sabine “Stay Up All Night To” Lisicki defeated Serena Williams in three sets in the Round of 16.
It took several tries for BuzzFeed Sports staffers to correctly guess where Lisicki was from. (It’s Germany.) Incorrect answers included Australia and, somehow, Japan.
5. Only three competitors remain in the entire tournament after these bloodbaths: Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic, and a groundhog that accidentally wandered onto Centre Court.
6. Good luck out there, groundhog.
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›