1. First it was Rafael Nadal going down in Round 1.
He lost to Steve Darcis.
2. Then Roger Federer got straight tooken out in Round 2.
By Sergiy Stakhovsky.
3. And so did Maria Sharapova.
She lost to Michelle Larcher de Brito.
4. And today, 23rd-seeded Sabine “Stay Up All Night To” Lisicki defeated Serena Williams in three sets in the Round of 16.
It took several tries for BuzzFeed Sports staffers to correctly guess where Lisicki was from. (It’s Germany.) Incorrect answers included Australia and, somehow, Japan.
5. Only three competitors remain in the entire tournament after these bloodbaths: Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic, and a groundhog that accidentally wandered onto Centre Court.
6. Good luck out there, groundhog.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›