We’re living in a new era, everyone. Earlier this week, news spread that Bow Wow is no more – he is now going by his real name, Shad Moss.
He announced the news on his own Instagram on Sunday, saying that he’s matured into his next phase.
“ANNOUNCEMENT: After BET awards i will no longer go by Bow Wow! Im going by my real name “Shad Moss” we made alot of history as bow wow. Now its time for the next chapter and challenge. Bow wow does not fit who i am today. Ima father, business man, TV host, Actor, and rapper! Time for MR Moss to take over!”
And it’s time we all acknowledge that Shad Moss, formerly known as Bow Wow, is an American TREASURE.
1. First of all, just look at the man. That tie. Those shoes. That smirk.
And it’s kind of weird, because you’ve sort of watched him grow up.
2. He was basically the coolest 6-year-old of all time, after being discovered by Snoop Dogg at his concert in L.A.
It wasn’t long until he was being mentored by Jermaine Dupri and chillin’ with Hova.
3. If you need proof, here he is slaying on the mic at 6-years-old on the Arsenio Hall Show.
I mean, he’s basically rapping like a G and Arsenio picks him up at the end because he is a BABY. A genius, rapping baby prodigy.
4. It wasn’t long before he was the coolest 13-year-old around, schmoozing with Boys II Men…
5. … and getting a lift from Master P at a celebrity basketball game in 2000.
6. But even back then, he had the moves.
7. And when it came to work, he was focused and intense from the start.
9. I mean, “Bounce With Me” is a certified jam.
10. And even now you’ll sometimes catch yourself swaying and singing “Bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yay” to yourself.
11. And don’t even get me started on “Shortie Like Mine,” aka one of the greatest songs of the 2000s.
Listen to it every day tbh.
And who knew BowWow.com was basically a beta Ok Cupid?!
12. We can’t forget about his contributions to American cinema either.
I mean, Like Mike became an after-school STAPLE.
13. He’s always had the best dance moves.
16. He’s been an inspiration for men everywhere that height ain’t nothing but a number when it comes to true love.
And even though you know Ciara is perfect with Future, you still think fondly of her puppy love romance with Bow.
18. He’s personal and relatable, and not afraid to get real with his fans.
20. And is passing on all of his charm to the next generation.
“Style on em boo boo! Oooo tellm shai shai say “i got my daddy swagger” happy fathers day to the real men out there!”
Bow Wow parenting tip #1: Treat your little girl like a princess.
21. He teaches us not to worry about things and people we can’t change.
22. And now he’s basically the king of daytime TV – perhaps laying the foundation for a shot at late night?
The Tonight Show With Shad Moss??