1. A pilot ejects moments before his plane crashes in Alberta, Canada.
2. Nik Wallenda’s Tightrope Walk Over Niagara Falls.
5. A great white shark becomes airborne in Cape Town, South Africa.
8. A curious whale shark visits with a boat.
9. Traffic stops as over 5,000 ducks cross a road in Zhejiang, China.
10. A sloth photobombs a group of students in Costa Rica.
22. A flock of flamingoes makes one big flamingo.
26. The moon rises over the Olympic games in London.
28. A mid-air explosion over a mock landing operation in Seoul, South Korea.
29. A roller coaster in Seaside Heights, New Jersey becomes submerged after Hurricane Sandy destroys the pier it sat on.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.
- Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has told the Financial Times he's eyeing a 2016 presidential run 🇺🇸
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.