1. A pilot ejects moments before his plane crashes in Alberta, Canada.
2. Nik Wallenda’s Tightrope Walk Over Niagara Falls.
5. A great white shark becomes airborne in Cape Town, South Africa.
8. A curious whale shark visits with a boat.
9. Traffic stops as over 5,000 ducks cross a road in Zhejiang, China.
10. A sloth photobombs a group of students in Costa Rica.
22. A flock of flamingoes makes one big flamingo.
26. The moon rises over the Olympic games in London.
28. A mid-air explosion over a mock landing operation in Seoul, South Korea.
29. A roller coaster in Seaside Heights, New Jersey becomes submerged after Hurricane Sandy destroys the pier it sat on.
- U.S. presidential candidates are making their final pitches before the New Hampshire primary, the second voting contest of the nominating season 🇺🇸
- At least four people are dead and 100 others injured after two trains collided in Bavaria, Germany, local police say.
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.