2. Don’t take it personally; instead take pride in defying expectations.
6. Clearly mark all of your bags with your name and email address (since your phone number will likely be out of service).
7. Trying to get a decent Skype connection is an actual joke; this app is your new best friend.
8. Store important names, addresses, and phone numbers in a Google doc so in case you lose all of your crap, you’re covered.
9. Make sure your credit card doesn’t come with any crazy international fees.
Check out BuzzFeed’s “6 Best Credit Cards For Travelers.”
10. Download the free Lemon Wallet app to safely store all your credit card information.
Don’t worry; it’s password protected.