2. Keep pairs of earrings together with a button.
4. And a portable outlet splitter.
Outlets are worth their weight in gold in crowded airports or bus stations; this is the fastest way to win friends and become master of your domain.
5. And a Knee-Defender
People in front of you won’t be able to recline with this handy (and kind of anti-social) gadget.
7. If you don’t want to spring for a new suitcase, find out how to pack the one you have most efficiently.
8. Roll up your clothes in bundles and secure them with elastics.
They’ll be wrinkle-free and you’ll be sure to have enough underwear for the length of your stay.
9. Use empty pill bottles to store small amounts of hair products and lotions.
10. Pill bottles can also hold Q-tips.
Or pretty much any other small toiletry you’d want to keep in one place (heyyy bobby pins).
11. Plastic wrap over the opening of toiletries helps prevent leaking.
12. Keep your shirt collars neat and your belts from uncoiling in one fell swoop.
13. Ensure your necklaces are tangle-free by threading them through straws.
14. Pack your flatiron, even if it’s still warm, in a potholder.
16. Use a closet storage shelf to keep folded items neat.
17. Don’t forget a snack or you’ll be wicked cranky.
Store food in a clean art-supply box for maximum variety. (Plus it’ll be way cheaper [and probably more delicious] than anything you can buy in transit.)
18. Pool floaties will keep your wine bottles intact.
What, you don’t travel with two bottles of wine in your suitcase? AMATEUR.
19. On that note: you can pack mini bottles of booze in your carry-on.
As long as you’re over 21 and they abide by TSA size regulations, according to Condé Nast Traveler.
20. And remember, it’s always easier when you have a friend help.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›