1. When Twitter employee @Claire went into labor on Saturday, she naturally decided to live-tweet the entire process with the hashtag #inlabor.
Twitter / Via @Claire
2. It began when her water broke early in the morning on Saturday, April 5. Her father Lance Williams called BuzzFeed on Saturday to confirm that his daughter was in labor in Buenos Aires, where she lives with her husband.
6. She tweeted a picture of her Twitter sweatshirt while en route to the hospital.
8. It sounds like she and her husband had a lot of trouble getting to the ER, as her car broke down and they needed to find a taxi.
14. Once safe at the hospital, she had her priorities straight: Ice chips now, baby name later. She also described her pain as “BLERGH!!!” and said her doctor looks exactly like Bethenny Frankel.
21. As of 4:00 p.m. ET, this was her last tweet:
23. Update — April 5, 5:30 p.m. ET: Claire tweeted that she gave birth to a baby girl, and would be signing off Twitter for now.
26. But don’t worry… her daughter Lucia already has her own Twitter handle.
28. Congratulations Claire!