1. In Indonesia, these twelve couples participated in a mass wedding to celebrate the special date.
Numerologists say the date is lucky for couples and those seeking wealth.
6. Even people not getting married wanted to share the luck.
8. In India, Brandon Pereira and Emily D’Silva, had a wedding on 12/12/12.
They were engaged on 10/10/10, legally married on 11/11/11, and finally threw their big celebratory wedding in Mumbai on 12/12/12.
9. In Malaysia, 200 couples celebrated a mass wedding outside a temple in Kuala Lumpur.
11. In Singapore, over 500 couples applied to the Singapore Registry for Marriages.
12. They were married in a mass ceremony.
14. And in Las Vegas, plenty of chapels are offering specials on 12/12/12 ceremonies.
Las Vegas Weddings is offering the “Benihana 12-12-12 Special,” which costs $599 and includes a dozen roses. “NO Outside Flowers Allowed,” the deal proclaims. And at the Mon Bel Ami Wedding Chapel, there are only three spots left for couples who’d like to get married today.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›