1. Beads are so necessary, it’s not even worth talking about.
2. Like, SO necessary.
Jason Lopez, age 6, gets it.
So does Addison Moran, age 7.
3. Once you have procured said beads, it’s OK to wear them in creative ways.
Like around your ears.
Or your unicorn horn.
4. Masks are also wicked important.
5. So you should get the biggest one you can find.
Yes, that is Harry Connick Jr. and Mariska Hargitay, thine eyes do not deceive. Which brings us to…
6. If you’re not having as much fun as Mariska, you’re doing it wrong.
7. But who wouldn’t be having the time of their life if they had the world’s biggest crown?
8. Only the bravest performers should attempt to dance in strapless tops.
9. Clear raincoats serve the dual purposes of protecting you from the elements and displaying cleavage.
10. If ever there were a time to go crazy with makeup, it’s now.
11. Coordinate your outfit with a buddy.
12. Or 6.
13. Or 30.
14. It’s OK to grab a nap mid-festivities.
Mardi Gras can be exhausting.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.