1. Beads are so necessary, it’s not even worth talking about.
2. Like, SO necessary.
Jason Lopez, age 6, gets it.
So does Addison Moran, age 7.
3. Once you have procured said beads, it’s OK to wear them in creative ways.
Like around your ears.
Or your unicorn horn.
4. Masks are also wicked important.
5. So you should get the biggest one you can find.
Yes, that is Harry Connick Jr. and Mariska Hargitay, thine eyes do not deceive. Which brings us to…
6. If you’re not having as much fun as Mariska, you’re doing it wrong.
7. But who wouldn’t be having the time of their life if they had the world’s biggest crown?
8. Only the bravest performers should attempt to dance in strapless tops.
9. Clear raincoats serve the dual purposes of protecting you from the elements and displaying cleavage.
10. If ever there were a time to go crazy with makeup, it’s now.
11. Coordinate your outfit with a buddy.
12. Or 6.
13. Or 30.
14. It’s OK to grab a nap mid-festivities.
Mardi Gras can be exhausting.
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›