1. Miss Bahamas 2013: The Hyacinth Macaw
The Hyacinth Macaw reportedly uses tools to open the delicious nuts they eat.
Miss Bahamas 2013 also uses tools in her day job as a mechanic.
2. Miss Costa Rica 2013: Major Mitchell’s Cockatoo
The Major Mitchell’s Cockatoo, or Pink Cockatoo, is a plaintive yodeler.
Miss Costa Rica 2013 enjoys plain yogurt.
3. Miss Honduras 2013: Peafowl
Peafowl are forest birds that nest on the ground but roost in trees.
Miss Honduras 2013 lives in a garden-level apartment but is also an accomplished mountaineer.
4. Miss Mexico 2013: Golden Pheasant
The Golden Pheasant has a metallic call during mating season.
Miss Mexico 2013 plays the trumpet AND the cornet.
5. Miss Bolivia 2011: Scarlet Macaw
The Scarlet Macaw’s cries are loud and throaty.
Miss Bolivia 2011 kills it at karaoke EVERY TIME.
6. Miss Curacao 2011: Purple Gallinule
The Purple Gallinule lives in marshes.
Miss Curacao 2011 shops at Marshall’s. (What? They have GREAT deals.)
7. Miss Trinidad and Tobago 2011: Red Lory
The Red Lory is a playful and intelligent bird who can be kept as a pet.
Miss Trinidad and Tobago 2011 knows when it’s time to study, and also when it’s time to have fun. BUT HER BEAUTY CANNOT BE CAGED.
8. Miss Jamaica 2012: Keel-Billed Toucan
The Keel-Billed Toucan eats mostly fruit.
Miss Jamaica 2012 is getting into juicing, but not in an annoying way.
9. Miss Cayman Islands 2012: Hoopoe
The Hoopoe has an elaborate anti-predator system for protecting its young.
Miss Cayman Islands 2012 is a black belt in karate.
10. Miss Trinidad and Tobago 2012: Guianan Cock-of-the-rock
The Guianan Cock-of-the-rock employs a mating system wherein the males compete for female attention, with the females ultimately choosing the most impressive male.
Miss Trinidad and Tobago 2012 has her pick of dudes. Obviously.
11. Miss Panama 2011: Wild Turkey
The Wild Turkey prefers to eat in the early morning or late afternoon.
Miss Panama 2011 loves omelets.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›