1. Orlando Cruz, who came out as gay in Fall 2012, becoming professional boxing’s first gay athlete, will honor the LGBT community as he fights for the vacant WBO featherweight title Saturday.
2. He will be wearing rainbow colored trunks and his clothes is styled after the Puerto Rican flag as well, his place of birth.
3. But he will also wear pink gloves and a pink jacket for breast cancer awareness. Everlast made the trunks and the gloves in collaboration with Cruz.
LGBT Puerto Rico
Orlando (@ElFenomenoCruz) Cruz will wear rainbow colors in his saturday Las Vegas fight - http://t.co/FzkY4IJt3h
5. Cruz, who is engaged to boyfriend Jose Manuel and will get married in November, is about to have the biggest fight of his career.
6. Cruz (20-2-1 with 10 knockouts) fights Orlando Salido (39-12-2 with 27 KOs) in the undercard of the pay per view fight between Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez.
h/t Ignacio Torres
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.