3. Like, this is basically his personal life philosophy, and where else can you get that in Hollywood?
4. And there is no one who better understands that sometimes, more really is more.
8. But Baz also knows how to capture smaller, beautiful moments, like the first time Romeo and Juliet see each other.
11. Who else would have the guts to revive the movie musical — using established pop songs?
13. Baz also transformed Leonardo DiCaprio into an undeniable heartthrob.
14. Before this movie? Scrawny indie actor. After this movie? A TITANIC DREAMBOAT.
All thanks to Baz.
15. This shot alone of Leo walking jump-started tens of thousands of girls and boys into puberty.
16. Lots of people also suddenly discovered that Ewan McGregor was super dreamy after Moulin Rouge, too.
17. And let’s not forget Romeo + Juliet featured this killer adorable move from Paul Rudd.
Paul Rudd! So adorable! And who knew he could do Shakespeare? Oh wait, that’s right, Baz Luhrmann did.
20. Like, it makes your heart ache, with all the great kissing.
22. Even when the kissing is denied, it’s still pretty amazing.
Claire Danes is all, “I can’t even handle it with how adorable you are right now, Leo.”
23. Even secretly tragic kissing is the best.
(She’s sad because she knows she’s going to die, like, a second later.)
24. And nobody races into the cathartic ecstasy of tragedy better than Baz.
31. Let’s be honest, though: Australia is kind of indefensibly bad. But it does have one redeeming quality.
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›