1. So that horrible butterflies-throwing-a-rave-in-your-stomach feeling kind of just comes at you out of nowhere.
2. But you tell yourself to be cool. "It's not a crush," you tell yourself whilst attempting to ignore the quivering of your voice.
3. In fact, you're so cool with it that you can even stalk them on every form of social media they have and feel NOTHING.
4. But you firmly decide that it's just a phase and you shan't tell anyone about it.
5. And that lasts about the 2 minutes it takes for you to call your best friend who proceeds to deliver an Oscar worthy freak out.
6. In hindsight, telling them may have been a mistake.
7. And there's always that one friend who agrees with you that nothing will probably ever happen.
8. But at least you now have people to decipher texts with you.
9. Your weird fantasies about them begin to freak you out.
10. Seeing them in public rattles you to your core.
11. And talking to them is near impossible.
12. Seeing them flirt with someone else is the lord's way of testing you.
13. BECAUSE YOU'RE, LIKE, REALLY REALLY BOTHERED.
14. Listening to them talk is your new favorite hobby.
15. You will, at one point, reveal to them something that you learned from your many stalking sessions something they've never told you.
16. Regardless of your dorkiness, there will come a day, after many hours of shameless flirting, when they will finally text you first.
17. And you might pluck up the courage to ask them out. And they might even say yes!
18. You'll walk around for the rest of the day feeling like a BAMF.
19. And then everything is lovely and wonderful and unicorns and rainbows.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!