1. You've been back in college for a couple of weeks now, and the homesickness is starting to settle in. But that can be easily remedied by a phone call to your fabulous parents, right?
2. And those first few seconds where you hear their voices is just perfect.
3. In fact, it doesn't even feel like talking to parents. It's almost like you guys have reached a stage where you're more friends than anything else.
4. BUT IT'S ALL A LIE. They're just trying to lull you into a false sense of security so you can tell them everything about your life. AND YOU FALL FOR IT.
5. Nope. You reveal a little too much, and then you hear that intake of breath signifying the beginning of the end.
6. And then they take your joke as an opportunity to lecture you for the rest of you life.
7. THEY LITERALLY WILL NOT STOP TALKING
8. You start to feel like a broken radio.
9. You could put the phone down to go finish your homework, backpack across Europe, get pregnant, give birth, find the cure for Ebola, pick the phone up AND THEY'RE STILL TALKING.
10. And they always have a knack for asking you about all the things that are causing you enough stress as it is.
11. And you can just see the smug little look on their faces as they toss you the "back in my day" line.
12. And you just want to scream when they start talking to you about responsibility.
13. And part of you just can't believe the nerve they have considering they were ultra hot messes at your age.
14. After a while, you just clock out of the conversation.
15. You finally figure out an excuse to get off the phone, and you're already pouring yourself a drink before you've even hung up.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!