Hi, I'm Yuri, and I became a vegan two years ago.
1. I GRADUALLY reduced my animal-based foods.
2. I bought an introductory guide to veganism.
3. I talked my doctor and saw a nutritionist.
4. I started to check all of the labels on the usual foods I bought.
5. I found a vegan food shop close to my usual haunts.
6. I started to make my own vegan foods.
7. I bought a cookbook, and I started to cook more frequently.
8. I learned that just because something is vegan doesn't mean it's automatically healthy.
9. I found vegan restaurants in my city and the places I visited.
10. I joined a local vegan Facebook group.
11. I met up with people who have the same dietary habits as me.
12. I learned how to improvise (in a non-rude way) at restaurants without vegan options.
13. For special events, I asked in advance about the vegan options.
14. And, overall, I started to appreciate all of the benefits that this type of diet gave me.
This post was translated from Spanish.