1. What going on a date with One Direction would be like, if they were Latino:
2. They would take you to get paletas.
3. Your parents would compare Louis to El Chavo del Ocho.
4. The threat of la llorona would continue to haunt you even when you’re together.
5. They would be nice and try on the clothes your grandma got them.
6. They wouldn’t be afraid to go on Caso Cerrado to save the relationship.
7. They would wear these boots for you without understanding why you are laughing.
8. They would try to be culturally appropriate and fail.
9. What it would be like if One Direction attended your Quinceanera:
10. They would make perfect Chambelans.
11. They would join in on el baile de sorpresa.
12. They would try really hard to impress your mom. Za! Za! Za!
13. They would have the perfect moves to accompany you on the dance floor.
14. They would be a little overwhelmed when you introduce them to the family:
15. “Oh, don’t worry. My Tio can fix it.”
16. They would wonder why you have so many prayer candles.
17. They would need to understand that nothing is impossible.
18. They would meet just one side of the family and think that was it, but that was just your dad’s.
19. They would have to understand you’re only compatible because Walter Mercado said so.
20. They would have to be OK with your whole house being full of these.
21. They would question why you believe VapoRub is the cure for everything.
22. They would have to join you in your own love of other music fandoms:
23. They would have to accept that La Voz is way better than X Factor.
24. They would have to accept they aren’t the only group you love.
25. They would have to admit Rebelde was the best group before One Direction.
26. They would mistake Marco Antonio Solis for Jesus.
27. They would have to clean the house with you to your all-Selena playlist.
28. They would join you in eating all the best foods like Churros and Duvalin.
29. They would try your mom’s salsa even when they couldn’t take the heat.
30. They would join in on your duvalin addiction.
31. They wouldn’t know how to properly warm the comal for the tortillas.
32. They would understand that it’s impossible to have Maruchan without hot sauce and lime.
33. They wouldn’t judge you if you brought your chile to dinner.
34. Menudo? They just aren’t ready for this deliciousness. THEIR PALLETE WASN’T BORN LIKE THIS.
35. They would share elotes with you.
36. They would understand that churros are better than popcorn.
37. Thank you, #hispanicimagines.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Donald Trump's likely pick for labor secretary is a high-profile critic of the push to raise the federal minimum wage.
- Black Lives Matter — the protest movement born out of a desire to stem police brutality — has taken root across the globe.
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀