Response to Is The Tax On Tampons Sexist?:
Issue in Canada too. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tampon-tax-motion-to-remove-gst-gains-government-support-1.3066936
This is Glimmer in Richmond Hill, Canada.
Clearly SochiProblems and SochiFails are like those scummy accounts that steal other’s posts and re-post them as their own without any credit. That Buzzfeed uses them to generate “content” makes it just as bad.
1) “proper” toilet use
2) no pray and spray all over the toilet seat
3) no vomiting in the toilet — note: I preferred puking in the sink, until the last time I had food poisoning, chunky :-( toilet for me now
4) in many parts of the world, simple drop toilets, i.e. you squat over a hole, are the norm, hence no squatting on the seat
5) once again, if it’s a simple hole in the ground, you WANT a “no fishing” sign. Changing the context to an indoor toilet causes confusion and amusement
6) best guess is “no drug use”, though that should apply everywhere, not just the bathroom. Also read it may be “no graffiti”.
Response to Blogger Calls 911 Over Guy Using Cell Phone At Toronto Film Festival Screening, Hilarity Ensues:
Don’t care one way of the other about the phone use at P&I screenings, but I will say this: Alex Billington is unrepentant about calling 911 about it. He considers it “a ‘silly’ detail that means nothing.” https://twitter.com/firstshowing/status/377173880110342144 This idiot thinks using a cell phone in a movie screening is more important than distracting emergency services from potentially life or death situations. What a moron.
Response to A Basic Guide To Benedict Cumberbatch:
He’s NOT a gym teacher. He’s the university quiz team captain in “Starter For Ten”. And his full name is, Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch.
There’s going to be a documentary: Dear Mr. Watterson - A Calvin & Hobbes Documentary by Joel Schroeder A documentary film exploring the art & impact of the greatest comic strip ever: Calvin & Hobbes. http://www.dearmrwatterson.com/DMW/dearmrwatterson.html