Food has the power to bring people together, whether that's your grandma's famous tamales that have your family flocking or your uncle's tightly guarded barbecue recipe that has people coming to Game Day parties (even if they aren't sports fans).
Curious about the dishes that connect us to our loved ones, we asked the BuzzFeed Community to share their own food traditions. Here are some of their responses.
1. The treats that bring people together for Game Day
2. The gumbo the whole family makes
3. The cornbread that has relatives flocking
4. The pork and sauerkraut for good luck
5. The legacy of the homemade meatballs
6. The "Games Day" snacks and dessert
7. The dessert bars rooted in Nanaimo culture
8. The momos the family makes on Fridays
9. The famous football chicken barbecue
Shop these top three Tasty recipes at Walmart for your own Game Day party.
Whatever dish you traditionally serve at Game Day celebrations, Walmart has everything you need.
All images via Getty unless otherwise stated.