10. Pony - Ginuwine (Released 1996)
Magic Mike ressurected this song from it’s 90s roots — And somehow, it’s completely okay, required even, to sing, “If you’re horny, let’s do it” as loud as you can. There are no judgments here. We all love it.
9. Tubthumping - Chumbawamba (Released 1997)
It took me years to actually figure out what this song was about… maybe I still don’t know what it’s about. What is this song about? Who cares. The hook is music genius. I GET KNOCKED DOWN!
8. Poison - Bel Biv DeVoe (Released 1990)
“Never trust a big butt and a smile” — Words to live by. Also, if you haven’t watched this music video, you need to right now. Pure 90s editing goodness.
7. MMMBop - Hanson (Released 1997)
Now before you all CRUCIFY me, hear me out. This song is all over the place — scorned love, growing old, gardening? Roll that altogether and it’s just… MMMBop. A perfect melody of nonsense. We can’t get enough.
6. Wannabe - Spice Girls (Released 1996)
Don’t get me wrong, the Spice Girls were my pop queens. They were everything I aspired to be. But this song, much like MMMBop, covers a lot of topics in a 3 minute span: Desires, friendships, dance moves, and most of all… Girl power. The “roll-call” style rap was awful. Truly terrible. But somehow endearing? And perfect? WE LOVE YOU, SCARY SPICE!
5. Barbie Girl - Aqua (Released 1997)
This song is awfully suggestive for it’s target audience. Case and point: “I’m a blond bimbo girl, in a fantasy world. Dress me up, make it tight, I’m your dolly”.
But I’ll be damned if I don’t sing every single word when it comes up on the 90s Pop Pandora station.
4. S Club Party - S Club 7 (Released 1999)
Essentially, this song says, “Your party is nothing without us” and we love it. Self-promotion at its finest. In addition, the dialogue in this music video screams perfection. “We’ll kick your butt from here to ButtkickinVille!” Solid work, team. We can’t quit you.
3. Macarena - Los del Rio (Released 1995)
COME ON. This song BLEW UP. Did anyone even bother to look up what the lyrics were? NO. Because it was everything. Perfect in it’s own weird, line-dance-at-every-party type of way. We hated it, but we loved it. There’s no denying The Macarena.
2. Baby Got Back - Sir Mix A Lot (Released 1992)
Sorry, but I simply can’t take a song seriously when the lyric, “My anaconda don’t want none unless you got buns, hun” is in it. If we put seriousness aside though, we find one of the most addictive rap songs of the 90s. So easy to memorize. Karaoke gold.
1. Blue - Eiffel 65 (Released 1998)
AS IF ANY OTHER SONG WOULD BE NUMBER ONE. It’s a song about being blue. That’s it. Being blue and the day-to-day blue life that comes with the it. When that synthesizer comes in, we can’t help ourselves. We’re victims to this horrible song. But um… I’m listening to it now. IT’S FLAWLESS.
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨