26 Products To Help Keep Your Your Relationship With Roommates Peaceful
Are you imagining it or is "someone" eating your snacks???
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A simple mail organizer and key rack that will finally give you a designated place to leave your roommate's mail — because when you leave it on the table, it just sits there for days (and y'all get a place to hang your keys).
2. This minimalist bike rack for your wall so you don't have to keep squeezing past the bike to get through your place — or, it can save you money on bike storage.
3. A pair of Sony noise-cancelling headphones because they'll drown out your roommate and the all the noise without having to hunker down at a cafe.
4. The almighty TubShroom that will catch all your hair so you don't clog the shower drain — plus, it's easy to clear out, so there's no more blame about whose hair is clogging the drain (esp when y'all have similar looking hair).
5. This sleek shoe rack so you can stop tripping over your roommate's shoes — instead, they'll be neatly (and easily) organized right by the door.
6. An old-school label maker that will spare you the confusion (or, worse, lies! to! your! face!) because now everything is clearly labelled.
7. This sectioned-off shower caddy so that everyone gets enough space for their own shower products — and no one has to end up with the smaller ledge that only holds one bottle.
8. Or, this portable mesh shower caddy because it lets you easily take all your stuff with you, in case ya can't leave it in the bathroom itself.
9. A split laundry hamper so you and your roomie can save space but still keep your clothes separate.
10. This uber fun dishwasher magnet that will always let you know whether it's safe to drink from that glass *before* you drink from it — and save you from wasting water running a cycle 'cause you can't tell.
11. An over-the-door towel rack because it will make sure there's enough space for everyone's towel (aka you won't have keep picking yours up off the floor).
12. A magnetic dry-erase board so you and your roomies can leave each other little reminders and notes — but let's lay off the passive-aggressive questions, Sharon.
13. A cute and functional storage ottoman that doubles as seating and a bin, giving you a great place to toss all the blankets you're too lazy to fold away.
14. This reversible shower curtain with mesh pockets because it will give you extra storage — you can even stick a speaker or phone in it (in a waterproof case, ofc) so you don't have to blast your music like it's a club.
15. A lil' basic dish rack with a utensil tray to help clear the little counter and cabinet space left for the rest of ya.
16. This cabinet caddy for hair tools and bathroom products so you don't hog the already limited sink counter but can still easily access your beloved hair dryer.
17. The Tody app, which will help you manage your chores and figure out what really needs to get done when — so you don't have to stress or annoy your roommates.
18. This utility rack so you can stop aggressively shoving all your cleaning supplies in one closet or cabinet and keep them organized — making it much easier to just grab the Swiffer when ya need it without spending 10 minutes trying to Jenga it out.
19. A convenient hand vac because it'll give your roommate absolutely no excuse for the crumbs they keep leaving on the couch. (Seriously, whose dry cereal is this?)
20. This genius outlet shelf that gives you six outlets, two USB ports, AND an actual SHELF so you can stick your electric toothbrush up there — or even your phone or your speaker. Counter space and outlet maximized.
21. These see-through food storage containers so you can keep non-refrigerated stuff safely and neatly in your room, because you are *not* imagining it, your roommate is definitely skimming your snacks. Less dramatically, they're easy to stack to help y'all save space without becoming disorganized!
22. Some flexible foam earplugs because they'll let you finally get some sleep — you may not be able to get your roommate to quiet down, but you can at least block them out!
23. And a soothing white noise machine with 16 options that will help drown out any background noise and turn your room into a calming environment.
24. Some stick-on bumpers because they'll help you tolerate that roommate who always slams the cabinets — but, arguably, is still better than the one who just never closes the cabinets at all. (WHY?!)
25. A wall hook rack for coats and bags because it's hard to sit on the couch when your roommate decides to toss their jackets and tote on it.
26. And finally, this Splitwise app that helps you split all your bills and keep track of your expenses — so no one can be "surprised" when the rent or internet bill is due... on the same exact date it's due every month.
No more passive-aggressive questions at your place again!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.