1. So visiting the CD store was always a little scary at first.
There were just so many choices. So. Many. CHOICES.
3. Then, all of a sudden, it came to you.
The Now That’s What I Call Music! series did the choosing for you, and it had EVERYTHING you wanted (plus some other weird songs by, like, Adema, but that was cool by you too).
5. Where else were you going to get 3LW…
7. and Shaggy all in one place?
Like you could on 2001’s Now That’s What I Call Music! 6? NOWHERE, that’s where.
9. And the clean versions of songs you loved were simultaneously hilarious and awesome.
Oh, the edited cut of Mystikal’s “Shake Ya Ass,” now entitled “Shake It Fast?” IT WAS ONLY THE BEST THING EVER.
10. You could always skip the rando U2 track that didn’t really fit in but somehow made it onto every single CD.
No thank you, “Stuck in a Moment That You Can’t Get Out Of,” what are you even doing here? Put on the censored mix of Ludacris’s “Roll Out” again!!
11. But the truth was, the first one was really the best one of all.
Janet Jackson! Radiohead! C-Cherry Poppin’ Daddies? Whatever — Aqua!
13. No wonder they can’t seem to stop making them.
The series is on its 84th release in the UK and its 46th in the United States, where the first 19 went platinum or higher. And for good reason, because these were basically the best part of growing up.
- Donald Trump's supporters think his comments about Miss Universe are no big deal.
- Members of UK Parliament will examine Asos working practices after a BuzzFeed News investigation revealed allegations of exploitation.
- This is no illusion: Lady Gaga confirmed she's headlining the Super Bowl halftime show in February 🏈🎉