2. A transcript:
Who ever reads this I’M IN THE DARK AS I’M WRITING THIS I’M DIEING – I’m 28 yrs old my name is Mike. I had to break in to your house. I took blankets off the couch. I have hypothermia. I didn’t take any thing. A wave thru me our of my house down the block. I don’t think I’m going to make it. The water outside is 10ft deep at least. There’s no res©ue. Tell my dad I love him and I tryed get[t]ing out. His number is ###-###-#### his name is Tony. I hope u can read this I’m in the dark. I took a black jacket too. Goodbye. God all mighty help me.
3. Radio WOBM called the number on the note…
“I decided to give it one more try before I got on the air, and someone picked up. It ended up being Tony. I told him that I’d been given a note, and right away he said ‘yeah, that’s my son Mike, he’s here. Would you like to talk to him?’”
Mike says that he survived after being in the water for four hours. He tried to swim back to his house, which was completely flooded, and found his way into a neighbor’s home where he warmed himself with whatever he could find. He says he didn’t take anything from the house, and eventually a kind stranger with a waverunner found him and took him in until he was able to be reunited with his family.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."