20 Books Every Parent Should Read ASAP
Parents, you are NOT alone.
1. Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay, a read guaranteed to make you laugh at the joys and challenges of the endless — and often pointless — parenting advice every new mom encounters.
2. Parking Lot Rules, which is running over with tips to ensure your epic babies are happy, protected, and ready to take on the world.
3. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen for creating strong communication patterns between yourself and your little ones. Because they won’t be talking adorable gibberish forever.
4. Heathy Sleep Habits, Happy Child to offer you techniques that'll improve your children’s sleeping habits from their days as a newborn through their adolescent years.
5. The Giving Tree — a timeless tale that’ll teach kids the importance of being kind and helping others.
6. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom for an exciting way to teach your tiny scholars the alphabet so they can eventually write that memoir dedicated to you.
7. Bringing Up Bébé to incorporate French parenting strategies into your own home, providing some new tools that may make your children even MORE amazing.
9. The Connected Child so you can build and nurture an unbreakable bond with your adopted child, using tips to promote trust, affection, and a deeper connection in your family.
10. The Toddler Survival Guide for a laugh-filled take on those precious little monsters you call your kids and how to tote them through toddler life.
11. Brain Rules for Baby, which is packed with tips that'll better equip you for raising your little one from a newborn to 5-year-old.
12. On Becoming Baby Wise to learn new strategies that'll help your baby have a more restful night of rest. So you can then get a little sleep yourself.
13. Love You Forever, perfect for honoring the timeless bond of love between mothers and their children — even when kids are making a raging toddler mess.
14. Everything I Never Told You as a reminder you should let your children follow their own path in life and always communicate openly with them.
15. Dragons Love Tacos to assist your mini explorers in their quest to finally capture a dragon of their own. Just let them know the mythical beast will have to sleep outside.
17. The Wonder Weeks for a detailed breakdown of your newborn’s developmental stages and how to navigate them.
18. On the Night You Were Born to celebrate your kids and let them know they are truly something special. AND that they are pretty damn cute, too.
19. Loving Our Kids on Purpose, which provides parents tools to guide their children while still allowing their kids to navigate and manage their own life paths.
20. And If You Give a Mouse a Cookie so your children can learn an early lesson about patience and understanding when the world — or their first customer service job — is demanding everything and damn more from them.
But there's NO need to worry. Your kids are going to be just FINE. <3
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.