1) Although the film was supposed to take place during a “hot summer” you can see the actors’ breaths in many scenes due to extreme cold while shooting. The “wet” was true though as it rained 25 out of 29 days the movie was filmed.
You can see Christopher Meloni’s breath multiple times in this clip.
2) The movie was based on the summer camp director David Wain went to when he was younger named Camp Modin in Belgrade, Maine.
3) The voice of the Mixed Vegetables can is Jon Benjamin who is also the voice of Archer.
4) Paul Rudd has said that he doesn’t believe he was actually ever paid for the film due to the small budget.
5) One of the campers was named after the first Prime Minister of Israel, “David Ben-Gurion.” Another was named Jessica Azaria, a subtle shoutout to Simpsons voice-actor Hank Azaria who actually attended the camp the movie was filmed at.
Hope he had a fun time at summer camp
6) One of the jokes from the original film is that the main cast is supposed to be playing characters 10 years younger than them. If the proposed prequel gets made one of the main jokes will be that the actors are now playing characters 20 years younger than they are.
7) WHAS’ theatrical release was only in less than 30 cities grossing only $300,000.
8) The owners of the camp the movie was filmed at, Camp Towanda, were told that WHAS was going to be a family comedy and therfore were “mortified” when they saw the actual film.
9) Near the end of the film when Coop has his “transformation” into the camp stud, he is wearing a new pair of Nike sneakers.
10) When asked by Regis & Kelly who his favorite on-screen kiss was Bradley Cooper named Michael Ian Black from their love scenes in WHAS.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Election forecasts are everywhere these days, but what do they really mean? Here's what they tell us 🔍
- The New York Giants have released kicker Josh Brown after he admitted to abusing his wife in his journal.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at