Response to 38 Unexpectedly Brilliant Tips For Dog Owners:
Instead of Bitter Apple for power cords or wood furniture, use a stick antiperspirant (not deodorant)…gives them a bad case of dry mouth and lasts longer. Also, if you use any type of dish detergent for bathing be careful to rinse thoroughly. Chemicals in the soap can cause kidney problems (similar to ingesting antifreeze)and even death if the dog licks it off their fur.
Had my parents reacted like this, instead of the “I knew you could do it, but I also know you could do so much better if you just applied yourself” with the obligatory pat on the back, I likely would’ve done much better. Who wouldn’t have worked harder to see such unbridled joy on their parents faces?