38 Unexpectedly Brilliant Tips For Dog Owners
Here are some tips and tricks to make the rewarding task of caring for your dog just a tiny bit easier.
1. If you have a hard time brushing your dog's teeth, squeeze some enzymatic doggie toothpaste onto a Nylabone or rope toy and let your pooch go to town on it.
2. Make your own pill pockets when you need to feed your dog some medicine.
3. Learn how to make your own chicken jerky.
4. A carabiner is a quick and easy way to leash your dog.
5. Got a lot of studying to do? Here's how to read and play with your dog at the same time:
6. Use baking soda to get dog urine out of carpet.
7. Put a ball in your dog's food bowl if he or she eats too fast.
8. For a dog who loves to tear apart stuffed animals, make a durable activity ball with a Hol-ee rubber ball, scraps of fabric, and treats.
9. If your dog isn't feeling well, add some low-sodium chicken broth to the drinking water.
10. To remove pet hair from upholstery, dampen a rubber glove and run your gloved hand over it.
11. Use a teapot to rinse dogs off in the bathtub without getting water and soap in their eyes.
12. A shower caddy makes a great storage solution for all your doggie stuff.
13. Use a plastic pitcher to store and dispense dog food.
14. If you've got a teething pup who loves destroying cords, spritz bitter apple spray onto a paper towel and wipe the cord with it.
15. Make an ice lick by freezing toys, bones, and chicken broth into a cake mold.
16. Invest in an escape-prevention harness if you have a small dog and a fenced-in yard.
17. Run a dryer sheet over your dog's fur when there's a storm — chances are, they aren't freaked out about the storm but the static electricity built up in their fur.
18. On a hot summer day, fill up an inflatable pool with water and ice.
19. Make a dog-walking station for the entryway if you have more than one dog.
20. Dilute your dog shampoo to make it last longer and easier to apply.
Fill the bottom of an empty shampoo bottle about ¼ inch. Fill up the rest slowly with warm water.