14. If you’ve got a teething pup who loves destroying cords, spritz bitter apple spray onto a paper towel and wipe the cord with it.
This covers more surface area and wastes less product than simply spraying the entire thing.
21. If you have a small dog, cutting up a lamb roll into tiny pieces is a cost-effective way to make healthy, bite-sized training treats.
A 1-pound roll costs $6.98. Cut it up into the desired size, store most of it in a ziplock bag in the freezer, and leave the rest on the counter for immediate use.
24. Make your own flea shampoo.
1 cup Dawn, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 quart of warm water. Massage in and let it sit for five minutes. According to one testimonial, “The fleas just floated in the water and died and best of all little Libby did not have any reactions at all to the process.”
35. It’s certainly unpleasant to take your dog outside when it’s snowing or raining, but don’t forget that dogs’ paws are just as sensitive to heat as human skin.
On hot summer days, walk your dogs before 9 a.m. or after 8 p.m. — or walk them only in shady or grassy/dirt areas.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.