Many of the ESPN 30 for 30 docs are on Netflix. The best ones (to me) are these:
* Pony Exce$$ (yes the dollar signs are intentional — it’s about the football scandal at SMU in the 1980s. SMU is the only school ever to get the NCAA “death penalty” — i.e. total shutdown of its football programme — for repeated violations)
* The Day the Series Stopped (about the 1989 earthquake that, among other things, interrupted the Bay Area World Series between the Giants and A’s)
* Brian and the Boz (bio-doc about Brian Bosworth. It was better than I thought it would be … being from Oklahoma AND growing up with a parent who was a rabid Sooner football fan … I was kinda already familiar with it. It’s definitely fun for me seeing old footage of OU/Norman from the 1980s well before I moved here. Full disclosure: Love the Sooners, but not a football fan. I’m more about hoops)
* Without Bias (lovely — and award-winning — film about Len Bias)
* Free Spirits (a documentary about ABA basketball in general and the Spirits of St. Louis in particular-ish)
* Requiem for the Big East (lots of college basketball history, and the story of one of the best-ever college hoop conferences — including, sadly, its downfall)
* When the Garden Was Eden (about the 1970s heyday of the New York Knicks)
Caveat — I am allergic to/forbidden from nuts (and therefore peanut butter and coconuts), so I had a little trouble with the quiz. Other caveat: US Cadbury is part of Hershey, so you’re basically still getting a Hershey bar in a classier suit. TBQH, favourite chocolate things for me are peppermint patties and good old-fashioned Milky Way bars.
I aced the 1980s questions and drew a blank on the more recent pop-tarts.
University of Oklahoma: Ellison Hall, the present-day home of the university’s College of Arts and Sciences, was once Hygeia Hall, the school infirmary, until around the Great Depression. The story goes that a small boy was roller skating on Elm Avenue (one of the streets that borders the campus) and was struck by a car or something. He was carried into the infirmary, where he died of his injuries. Reportedly the boy’s spirit haunts the building. More here, including details of paranormal investigations in the building. http://cas.ou.edu/haunted-ellison-hall-paranormal-investigators-seek-roller-skating-boy
I wanna try this: We know about the dinner rolls, but then … 1. Marinara
2. Provolone or mozzarella cheese
4. Italian sausage
5. Could also try Canadian bacon, ground hamburger, whatever.
6. Onions. Lots of onions. Could also use black olives, diced green and/or red peppers, whatever.
7. Brush garlic butter over hot rolls, bake for 20 minutes at whatever the video says. Hopefully you’ll get nommy pizza sliders. Good luck.
Response to 27 Easy Ways To Eat Healthier:
Some of these not friendly to those of us who are forbidden nuts. Other than that, some good ideas.
Not that the temperatures would indicate, but I think it’s winter in Australia right now.