1. He was a general badass
Dropped out of one of the most prestigious music colleges in the world to serve his country in WWII. He was involved in the liberation of one of the concentration camps in Southern Germany. And when he returned home, he decided to give the whole music act another go.
2. He’s giving away free stuff!
Giving out free copies of Mr. Lucky and Peter Gunn?! GAH so jealous..
3. He past away in ‘94 and yet his work is still abuzz
Of the hundreds of scores he’s done for film and television, it is needless to say, Henry Mancini set a tone for an entire era of film. His fans respect that fact and adore him for it.
4. He received THIS letter from Audrey Hepburn
What a guy! Swooning women with his sweet sweet tunes.
5. And just look at that smile!
Smokin’ his pipe and composing.. LIKE A BOSS!
“Um, there’s no smoking in here”
“Can I fix you a drink with that, sir?”
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.