1. When Marshall found out his dad died on How I Met Your Mother.
2. When Dr. Cox from Scrubs didn’t realize a patient died of rabies and used her organs for three patients who end up dying as a result.
3. When Cory gave a lesson on The Diary of Anne Frank in Boy Meets World after learning that racism still exists.
4. On Barry, when Barry couldn't stop thinking about his friend's family finding out about his death while delivering a line in a scene from MacBeth.
5. When Patrick came out to his parents on Schitt's Creek.
6. When Roy hugged Jamie on Ted Lasso after a confrontation with Jamie's abusive father.
7. When Chandler and Monica found out they'd probably never have biological children on Friends.
8. When Alex's friend on Family Ties died in a car crash that he was also supposed to be in.
9. When Kurt came out on Glee.
10. When the Brooklyn Nine-Nine episode "Show Me Going" showed all of the characters' reactions to Rosa being caught in an active shooter situation.
11. When Jesse's grandfather died on Full House and they had to inform the girls about it.
12. When Alexis and Ted on Schitt's Creek made the mutual decision to end their relationship.
13. In How I Met Your Mother, when Barney meets his daughter for the first time.
14. On Who's the Boss?, when Samantha's grandfather died and Tony had to convince Samantha to talk about it.
15. When Aimee's friends on Sex Education joined her on the bus to help her confront her fears after her assault.
16. When Rosa came out on Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
17. When Chidi talked to Eleanor on The Good Place about the Buddhist idea of the wave and that he decided to exit.
18. On One Day at a Time, when Elena’s father abandoned her at her quinceañera for being gay and the rest of her family came forward to dance with her instead.
19. When Dorothy confronted her doctor on The Golden Girls about dismissing her illness.
20. When Mateo was taken by ICE on Superstore.
21. And finally, on Never Have I Ever, when Devi barely made it in time to scatter her father's ashes alongside her family.
Did we miss your favorite dramatic scene? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.