We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their best note-taking ideas. Here are some of the best ones:
1. Create a table of contents in your notebooks.
2. Print out PowerPoints ahead of time and take your notes on them.
4. Write them by hand, if you can.
5. And rewrite them after class to really drill them into your brain.
6. Invest in high-quality pens and paper.
7. If you want to type your notes, use Google Docs.
8. Don't focus on writing down every single word your professor or teacher says.
9. Instead, write down notes in the most conversational way you know how.
11. Start condensing the most important points onto a "note sheet."
12. Color-code your notes and give extra attention to topics that get an extra shoutout.
13. And go online for some layout inspiration.
14. Never underestimate the power of a good doodle.
15. Put sticky notes on the most important points.
16. Read through your notes pretending you are the professor writing exam questions.
17. And put those expensive textbooks to use by taking notes in them.
Some responses have been lightly edited for length or clarity.