35 Gasp-Worthy Household Upgrades That Would Make Joanna Gaines Proud
Lights, camera, action on your own little Fixer Upper. But without all the demolition.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A roll of stick-and-peel shiplap wallpaper to get your classic Fixer Upper on (duh!) with this realistic, self-adhesive shiplap. Use this to upgrade your walls or your furniture!
2. Or a roll of removable peel-and-stick wallpaper made to resemble reclaimed wood for a cute accent wall that gives chic farmhouse vibes.
3. A bottle of Feed-N-Wax wood polish that'll not only enhance your cabinets' shine, but also layer them with a protective coating of carnauba wax and beeswax, so there's less polishing for you to do in the future.
4. A set of dimmable under-cabinet lighting strips so you can go to the kitchen for your midnight snack without facing the harshness of your overhead light. Each strip has adhesive backing, so need to whip out the tool belt for this project.
6. Erase-A-Hole, a drywall repair putty to fill any cracks, holes, and mishaps without all the fuss. Just apply, wipe with a cloth, and paint over it for a seamless fix.
7. A dual coat and shoe rack with a bench and enough space so you can hang and store your jackets, keys, hats, decor, and more!
9. A farmhouse mirror made from a repurposed window pane if warm and simple is the best way to describe your aesthetic.
10. A nontoxic leather conditioner that'll restore your leather throne to its former glory. Just spread a thin and even layer of conditioner to reveal rejuvenated (and water-repellent) furniture.
11. An elegantly sculpted ceramic vase for subtly adding sophistication wherever you place it. You and your flowers deserve it.
12. A set of brass and beech cabinet drawer pulls and knobs to help bring your bathroom cabinets and drawers to the 21st century with their contemporary details. No offense to the rusting knobs you have now that were installed back when sliced bread was invented...
14. A balcony bar for a stable, makeshift table to prep for your BBQ or use as additional seating space.
16. A sliding door sideboard buffet to add a rustic storage solution to your dining room.
Promising review: "I love this little cabinet so much! It looks great, seems to be well-made, and has held up to the door being slid open multiple times a day by small children (which is also why we’ve installed a cabinet lock on left sliding door to keep the littlest of our kids out!). It looks expensive, feels sturdy, and is a perfect size. I couldn’t be happier with this product! I get compliments all the time. It’s definitely a good buy!" —BA
Get it from Amazon for $138.53+ (available in two colors and two sizes).
17. A gallery wall kit complete with seven varied frames so you can customize any wall in your home with pictures and artwork hung in an eye-catching array.
18. A faux-marble surface cover because your laminate countertops have been begging for a glow-up. All you have to do is peel and stick for a glossy, easy-to-clean surface that'll elevate the look of your space.
19. A set of no-drill curtain rod brackets that were featured on Shark Tank because all you need to hang them is a hammer and curtain. In a matter of seconds you'll have a chic new entryway or window dressing!
20. A contemporary gold bar cart with wheels to add a nice ~splash~ to your entryway, living room, dining room, or kitchen. Really, what room couldn't use a little more spirit(s)?!
Promising review: "This is a great gold bar cart! Reasons why I love it: 1) Great for the price. I spent time looking for a nice cheap bar cart under $200; this was the best for the size and quality (especially in comparison to Wayfair, Ikea, etc.). 2) Large. We wanted something big and two tiered to fit drinks! This one did the job. Most you’ll find are too small or only one layer (lame). 3) I love the aesthetic. Let’s be real, a bar cart is more form than function and this one is beautiful. Love the circle and rectangular shape." —Cat
Get it from Amazon for $115.82+ (available in six colors).
21. Peel-and-stick subway tiles that'll make for the best (and most Joanna Gaines-approved) bathroom sink backsplash. Oh, and these bad boys are waterproof and heat-resistant.
Promising review: "I run a cat rescue and we just built a new building. I use the bathroom sink to bathe cats, and the drywall was getting wet. I didn’t want to spend $300 for someone to install tile, so I found these and these were by far the most realistic. I’m going to use them in the kitchen next!" —Showstopper
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in six colors).
22. And a set of peel-and-stick tiles to make renovating your bland kitchen a whole lot easier (and cheaper)! These eco-friendly tiles are easy to install, clean, and maintain. HGTV is shaking!
23. A personalized sign with your last name laser cut into rust-resistant metal that'll celebrate your family in a way that adds warmth to your home.
24. A lotus pendant lampshade for a room brightener with enough charm to make your room feel like it's got a blossoming character of its own.
25. A cabinet makeover kit that doesn't require any stripping or priming. Quickly upgrade your kitchen cabinets and enjoy having guests ask you how much you paid for that "renovation."
26. A vibrant, hand-tufted wool rug to add some textured fun to your space! It's perfect as a welcome mat, or as a more dramatic (and cozy) living room piece.
27. A comfy velvet accent chair providing 360-degree swivel action so you can use it as a desk chair or to watch TV on one side of the room, and you'll still be able turn to another so you can join in on a fun convo.
28. A rounded glass and rattan coffee table whose boho vintage aesthetic will warm up any space. Who needs coffee table books when the table is enough to stir up conversation?
30. Self-adhesive black wood texture paper that'll turn your outdated cabinets into a contemporary vision.
31. A set of magnetic decorative garage door hinges to give them the classic carriage house door treatment.
33. A pack of gray Medina peel-and-stick floor tiles for breathing new life into your home (and covering any preexisting scratches in your hardwood floor that your landlord won't pay to fix). These water-resistant tiles are the perfect blend of polished and practical.
34. A geometric bookcase if you're into creating visuals (and storage space) full of fun shapes, angles, and lines.
35. Classic premade wall panels to help give your home a little character. These water-resistant additions might just add the dash of elegance you've been looking for.
Some reviewers used mounting tape in their apartments for a no-damage-to-the-walls installation while others added these panels onto their doors and kitchen islands!
Promising review: "Moved into an apartment with an ugly old plain front door that has seen better days. Since I cannot replace the door I decided to spruce it up, and these frame pieces are going to do the trick. They can be nailed or glued on, and then I have some colorful paint to cover them and the door...making the door look like it always was an upscale door with panels. I am happy with this purchase." —tj44
Get a single panel from Amazon starting at $7.32 (available in sets and tons of sizes).
36. A simultaneously boho chic *and* farmhouse quaint area rug that's simultaneously neutral enough to blend in anywhere *and* bold enough to warrant compliments.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.