34 Home Improvement Products You Have Probably Needed For A Long Time
2022 is the year you create the home of your dreams.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of Wet & Forget shower cleaner because no one wants to scrub their bathtub clean. With this, you'll just spray it on, wait 8–12 hours, then rinse it off. Super easy!
2. An oven cleaner so powerful you might just convince yourself you replaced your oven altogether. This heavy-duty cleaner can remove grime, stains, and caked-on food in three minutes!
3. Or an eco-friendly oven scrub cleaner for tackling all the caked-on messes you've learned to ignore. It's made with natural ingredients (including pumice stone and baking soda), so you'll get your oven back without all the toxic fumes.
4. A set of peel-and-stick tiles — renovating your kitchen just got a whole lot easier (and cheaper)! These eco-friendly tiles are easy to install, clean, and maintain. HGTV is shaking!
5. A nontoxic leather conditioner that'll restore your leather throne to its former glory. Just spread a thin and even layer of conditioner to reveal rejuvenated (and water-repellant) furniture.
6. Two packs of streak-free stainless steel wipes so your appliances can get some lovin' too. These will remove residue, water marks, and grease while leaving behind a protective barrier to prevent smudges that'll keep your stainless stain-free!
7. A water-based instant carpet spot remover because all cleanups should be quick and easy! No matter the stain — pet accidents, grease, red wine, coffee, rust, food, dirt, or grime — it'll be gone in mere moments.
8. A fast-acting mold and mildew remover — all you have to do is spray and watch as stains melt away. No scrubbing required! Cleaning your bathtub just got a whole lot easier.
9. A drywall repair kit that's putty, a putty knife, and a sander all in one so you can patch up the wall where you attempted hanging a 50-pound gold mirror you found for free on Craigslist.
10. A high pressure showerhead with five spray patterns including a rain setting so you can close your eyes and pretend you got caught in a storm. A very cleansing storm.
11. A water-based Bissell steam mop cleaner – it effectively (and safely) removes dirt and germs! Use it on your tiles and hardwood and watch as they all return to their former glory right before your eyes. Water really is magical.
12. A pumice stone toilet bowl ring remover for scrubbing away any rust or lime buildup on your porcelain throne.
13. A pack of 24 mandala stencils you can use to create unique wall art OR to dress up your dresser! These durable, reusable, and washable stencils will help turn any room into a colorful oasis.
16. A faux-marble surface cover because your laminate countertops have been begging for a glow up. All you have to do is peel and stick for a glossy, easy-to-clean surface that'll elevate the look of your space.
17. A pack of touch-up paint pens so you can address the splotches left over from when you removed your painter's tape from the striped accent wall you painted a few years ago. Just fill one of these pens up with your latex paint and brush away!
18. A set of wood-repairing markers and wax sticks if that annoyingly huge scratch on your lovely coffee table is your Joker origin story. Just take one of these markers and color over any imperfections. Once it's dry, your furniture will be free of any annoying scuffs, nicks, and scrapes!
19. A tin of toxin-free wood polish made with beeswax, olive oil, and essential oils to give your furniture a natural shine!
20. A set of nickel cabinet drawer pulls and knobs to help bring your kitchen to the 21st century with its contemporary details. No offense to the rusting knobs you have now that were installed back when sliced bread was invented....
21. Or a set of solid brass cabinet drawer pulls and knobs if luxury living is more your speed. And their knurled texture adds a unique ~touch~ of elegance.
23. A gallery wall set complete with seven varied frames so you can customize any wall in your home with pictures and artwork hung in an eye-catching array.
24. And a pack of Command strips because if you're anything like me (read: clumsy and bad at crafts), you're not gonna want to get a hammer and nails involved in hanging your gallery wall up.
25. A 60-piece tool set with everything from a power drill and bits to a level and tape measure so you'll have no more excuses to hide from the honey-do list you made for yourself.
26. A sleek bidet from Tushy that'll not only help you save the planet (no paper = less pollution), but also save your bum from rough TP. It only takes 10 minutes to install and after that, you're in for a healthier and fuller clean.
27. A set of dimmable under-cabinet lighting strips so you can go to the kitchen for your midnight snack without facing the harshness of your overhead light. Each strip has adhesive backing, so need to whip out the tool belt for this project.
29. A portable carpet cleaner with such great suction and scrubbing features, you'll be able to spot clean *any* stubborn stains making a home in your house.
30. A sturdy multi-use ladder you can easily configure to your needs. From a stairway stepladder to an extension ladder, you'll be able to change your lightbulbs, paint your ceilings, and level out those family portraits on your stairway wall.
31. A pressure washer so you can hose the dirt and grime right off your car, boat, fence, patio, and more. You'll feel like a superhero blasting all that stubborn sludge away!
33. A pack of grey Medina peel-and-stick floor tiles that will breathe new life into your home (and cover any pre-existing scratches in your hardwood floor that your landlord won't pay to fix). These water-resistant tiles are the perfect blend of polished and practical.
34. A gallon of self-priming paint made free of toxic solvents so you can upgrade your home knowing you haven't compromised your air quality. Not sure if you can commit to a gallon? Get a color swatch for just $2.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.