45 Products If You Or Your Home Are In Need Of A Glow-Up
Everywhere you look, an upgrade.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of natural nail and cuticle repair oil to help soften cuticles and strengthen your nails when used daily.
Promising review: "After my acrylics came off during quarantine, I wanted to make my natural nails stronger as they had had acrylics on them constantly for the better part of two years. I searched around Amazon and gave this product a try. I'm glad I did. I started using it twice a day, once in the morning and once toward the end of my workday. I'm down to once every few days now and my nails are much stronger after the past two months. I'll continue to use it until I can get back to the salon." —Alice B.
Get it from Amazon for $8.50+ (available in three sizes).
2. A skin-evening Il Makiage matte foundation that'll look so natural, you'll wonder if you did actually wake up like this. Not sure which of their 50 shades will match your skin perfectly? Take their simple quiz to find out and receive a free sample to try!
Promising review: “I always saw the ads for their foundation and had to try it out for myself. I am so glad I did!! The shade match is mind blowing. It offers an amazing finish. Literally feels like a second skin. I am in love with this product.” —Jyotika T
Get it from Il Makiage for $45 (available in 50 shades).
3. A pack of teeth-whitening pens for getting shiny white teeth for far less money than you might've thought. This pen's soft-bristle brush is perfect for anyone with sensitive teeth. It even makes application as easy as saying CHEESE!
Promising review: “I was hesitant to try a new teeth whitening product after using harsh whitening strips that caused pain and lingering sensitivity. But, as a coffee and red wine drinker, I wanted to find a solution. This teeth whitening pen is terrific. Easy to use, works well and does not have the downside of either the strips or the $450 option at the dentist. I also really love this product since whitening my front teeth is the objective. It is a great value as I anticipate the two pens that are included will last one year. I will definitely buy this again and am very happy to recommend it.” —Rebecca Shehee
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
4. A pair of glass suncatchers to add warm, fun colors to your room. Watch as those colors bounce around your walls as the light passes through the glass.
5. A glass soap dispenser if the store's plastic bottle does not fit your bathroom's aesthetic. At all. This refillable dispenser even comes with 10 stickers so you can label it accordingly.
6. A box of pore-tightening face masks because their 8-in-1 treatment will leave your skin visibly hydrated, bright, and lifted. You just need to get through the 15 minutes of looking a little like a zombie. But it's worth it!
Promising review: "I'm 27 and this is my second time purchasing these masks. I use these about once every other week or so. I have seen drastic improvements in my skin. After one use my skin was not nearly as dry and flaky. My face seemed a lot more supple and plump as well. After continued use, I have noticed my fine lines on my forehead are less noticeable and the overall texture of my skin is more smooth compared to bumpy looking. I also noticed I don't look as tired even though I'm exhausted lol. My uneven skin tone has improved and my face has brightened some. I live and work in the city and I think you can tell by my skin appearance but after using these my skin looks fresh, soft, and has a nice glow to it even after one use. I will continue to keep these masks stocked in my vanity." —Rachel
Get a pack of eight from Amazon for $19.99.
7. A plant-based face serum whose blend of vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, witch hazel, and jojoba oil will give you skin so bright, you'll light up every room you enter. Fresh-looking skin is just a bottle away!
Promising review: "I noticed results right away. Within the first week, the age spots on my face were much lighter. I was using Eva Naturals Retinol serum for over a month and barely noticed any change. That's why I switched to TruSkin Nationals Vitamin C Serum. This product works really well and offers fast results. I highly recommend." —Sis
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in two sizes).
8. An elegant moon cycle garland that'll look ~heavenly~ above your bed, couch, or hanging from your mantelpiece.
Promising review: "I was pretty nervous ordering this because there weren't a ton of reviews on the gold moon phase. When this arrived I thought I would have to assemble it but it was already put together and nicely packaged so the chains didn't tangle! The quality is so much better than I expected and you can see in my pictures the moons are pretty thick/heavy. They gave me gold matching screws to hang it but I just used a thumbtack instead. Love this!" —Holly Grote
Get it from Amazon for $13.98+ (available in two sizes and three colors).
9. A plant-based tub and tile cleaner formulated with eucalyptus and tea tree oils for a thorough clean that'll leave your bathroom smelling heavenly.
Promising review: “Best cleaning product I’ve ever used. I don’t usually go for all natural cleaning materials because, honestly, a lot of them don’t do what they say they’re going to. This one, on the other hand, definitely does the job! I tried it out on my brother's college bathtub (none of the boys had cleaned it since move in a year before). I covered the entire tub, waited five minutes, and then scrubbed with a magic sponge/rinsed. Most everything washed off immediately!!! I covered the more difficult areas once more and it was good as new!” —Anonymous
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
10. An Elizavecca hair treatment packed with protein, ceramide 3, and collagen to help transform your heat-damaged or dry hair into silky soft and shiny locks, because nothing about you is dull.
Promising review: "My hair used to be really shiny. Then I had purple hair for a year, followed by blue for six months. My stylist had to bleach the beejeebers out of my hair to remove all of the funky colors. Ever since, my hair has been dry, crispy, and definitely not shiny. This stuff really makes a difference! I used it maybe 10–14 days ago, and I just redid it tonight. After shampooing, I towel-dried my hair and then put a big blob throughout my long-ish hair and clipped it up. I left it on for quite a while, just puttering around and getting chores done. Then I rinsed it and my hair feels soft and looks much shinier. I will keep using this as long as I need to (it will take a few years to grow out all the damage while maintaining length). I'm really glad that I read that article and bought the product" —SHANNON FRASER
Get it from Amazon for $6.78.
Check out a BuzzFeed editor's Elizavecca CER-100 review fore more deets!
11. Or an antioxidant-rich deep-conditioning hair mask if your hair is, metaphorically speaking, on its last legs. Your dull and frizzy hair will get the reparative treatment it deserves and you will get vibrant and healthy locks!
Briogeo is a Black woman–owned beauty brand offering a high-performance haircare collection that is naturally based and performance driven to provide visible results for all hair types.
Promising review: "This deep conditioner has been awesome for my dry, chemical-treated hair. I first tried it as a sample at Sephora and actually left it in my hair overnight (put it on dry hair, not wet) bc my hair was so thirsty, and it made my hair so soft and strong. This product seems to actually strengthen hair and not just coat it like some other products. My hair stays soft and thick for several days so I can go longer in between washes." —Lissiegirl
12. A rubber broom so you can keep your carpet free from your purrfect pet's fur. It's also great for mopping up liquid spills and squeegee-cleaning your windows!
Promising review: "I bought this broom two years ago and it is still going strong! I have four large dogs and we have fur EVERYWHERE! This works so, so well! I am always amazed at what this picks up even after I just ran the vacuum. If you remove the head from the handle you can use the head to do in all the crevices along baseboards where fur gets trapped on the carpets. I also use it that way to do the carpet corners on the stairs. Lastly, I use it to get dust and cobwebs off the floors and ceilings. It truly is a super tool." —Roseann
Get it from Amazon for $12.98+ (available in five other styles).
13. A water-based instant carpet spot remover because all messes should be quick and easy to clean. Say goodbye to those stubborn wine, pet, coffee, food, and dirt stains!
Promising review: “It’s a miracle in a bottle. My dog decided to pull a black fountain pen out of my purse and chew it to pieces on my beige carpet while I was sleeping. This cleaner lifted the stain and now it’s like the devastation my dog caused never happened! As soon as I saw it lifting the ink, I got back on Amazon and bought more bottles. I will never let myself run out of this. I use it in my Bissel carpet cleaner for some extra cleaning power. I’ve become that weird lady that goes arounds singing the praises of a cleaning product. No regrets” —L. Logan
Get it from Amazon for $11.97.
14. A rejuvenating eye cream whose all-natural and vegan ingredients absorb quickly into the skin to start the process of brightening and lifting your under-eye area. Perpetual late nights got nothing on this cream!
Promising review: "I'm 27 going on 28 and I have been using this eye cream for close to two years. I have some lines under my eyes (genetic) and I wanted to get a head start on facial care. I was drawn to this eye cream because it was vegan and natural. It also had rave reviews, so what could go wrong? Absolutely nothing! I have nothing but good things to say about this eye cream because it has actually worked for my under eye 'wrinkles,' genetic and all. As this is pretty rich and I have combination skin, I haven't tried it on my whole face and I don't really want to. However, I can see how someone with dry skin would absolutely LOVE this for their entire face. A little goes a very long way and one bottle can last up to three to four months, which is well worth the price!" —Paulina
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in three sizes).
15. A plush, double-sided shaggy faux-fur duvet set that'll make leaving bed nearly impossible! And since one side is faux fur and the other side is velvet, you'll be cozy no matter which one you choose.
Promising review: "If my house caught on fire, this is the first thing I’d grab. But seriously, this is one of my favorite things in my whole house. I feel like it tied my entire room together. I get so many compliments on it and it seriously so cozy and well made. My only complaint would be how hard thing thing makes it to get out of bed in the mornings. It’s incredibly soft and isn’t the type of 'fur' that will mat and get gross-looking over time. I rely heavily on reviews when I buy things so I’m here to tell you — if you’re on the fence about buying this...do it!! Also, the pillowcases are amazing also. Super soft and the pompom fringe is adorable." —Sk
Get it from Amazon for $53.54+ (available in sizes twin–king and 27 colors).
16. A pumice cleaning stone for scrubbing away toilet rings, limescale, and rust buildup from your porcelain throne (and other porcelain and ceramic surfaces).
Promising review: "I have a 19-year-old master bathroom toilet that had accumulated some nasty stains over time, and regular toilet brushes and cleaning products just would not remove them. I decided to try this pumice stone, and it worked like a charm! Given the nature and severity of the stains, it required some elbow grease. But 10 minutes later, I have a new-looking bowl, and I see no signs of scratching." —Happy Retiree
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
17. An anti-thinning shampoo formulated with biotin and a special DHT herbal blend designed to protect your hair from external factors as well as hydrate your scalp to promote hair strength and manageability.
Promising review: "This is my first review I’ve ever left. This product saved my freaking hair! Stress had my hair falling out in handfuls, and I would just cry every time I washed my hair. The first picture was taken at the beginning of January and the second was February 17th. I have been taking vitamins, but my hair didn’t stop falling out until I started using this product. I have baby hairs growing in the patches I’m missing. I would recommend this to anyone struggling with hair loss!!!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
18. An eco-friendly hard water stain remover if your glass shower door looks like it's got some abstract privacy film all over it. Stains, spots, and rust don't stand a chance against this cleaner!
Promising review: "We tried everything to get rid of hard water stains and nothing worked. We were getting our house ready to sell and our tub and sink were a mess. We tried this product and it worked immediately, restoring everything to like new. It was fast and really worked! We even used it to clean our glass stove top. It was amazing how clean it got things. I have a bad back and have to be careful about scrubbing things and it takes no effort to use. We use it in our new house and love it!" —Bradley
Get it from Amazon for $17.77.
19. A faux-marble surface cover because your dull furniture has been begging for a glow up. All you have to do is peel and stick for a glossy, easy-to-clean surface that'll elevate the look of your space.
Check out our marble adhesive surface cover deep dive to learn more about this inexpensive and super cool product.
Promising review: "I do not have the money for a new vanity right now. Insert DIY project to cover my ugly pink bathroom vanity with marble contact paper. It looks 100% better and it’s super durable. It’s a little tricky to work with at first and then you get the hang of it. I’m buying more for my half bath! My vanity looks so great that I decided to do the tabletop in my laundry room, and that looks great, too!" —Natalie Evans
Get it from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in four sizes).
20. A set of three power scrubber brush attachments whose nylon bristles will clean your stained bathtub without leaving behind any scratches.
Promising reviews: "I bought this on a whim because my walk-in shower is just a pain to clean. I'm 51 and I guess I've just been old school with how I clean, so I've been hand-scrubbing it was for years. The FIRST time I used this to clean my shower, it took five minutes AND it scrubbed my shower more clean than it has been in years. It cleaned in the corners, the floor, the glass door...everything came out squeaky clean. I'm NEVER cleaning my shower by hand again." —Terry
Get it from Amazon for $14.95 (available in six colors/strengths).
21. A vegan Blume acne oil made with clean ingredients that'll help fight off new outbreaks as well as reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Cofounded by two sisters, Blume is a BIPOC woman–owned skincare company creating natural products to help promote healthy skin for people who experience periods.
Promising review: “This product is solid gold!!! Way better than I could have imagined. Started cleaning my skin up after the first use. ” —Julie H
Get it from Blume for $28.
22. A skin-repairing body oil chock-full of natural oils good for reducing the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Its skin-renewal formula will help get rid of acne scars, surgery scars, and so much more!
Just make sure to use sunscreen with this since it can make you a bit more sensitive to the sun.
Promising review: "Bio-Oil is the BEST skin product on the market. I use it as a twice a day — morning and before I go to bed. Small lines have disappeared. My skin is very smooth and seems to glow. A doctor recommended this to one of my friends who told me about it. I have bought several bottles as gifts. Be patient. It will take a few months for you to see notice the changes. I am 71 years old. No one paid me to write this." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.92+ (available in three sizes).