1. Nine-year-old cousins from England, Rose Brewer (L) and Flame Brewer, became the world’s youngest formation wingwalkers. They wanted to raise awareness about a charity dedicated to treating muscular dystrophy, reported The Daily Mail.
Rose Brewer (L) and Flame Brewer ® prepare to wingwalk over Rendcomb airfield in Gloucestershire.
2. Their six-year-old friend, Eli Crossley, suffers from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. His parents have set up a trust to raise money for research and treatment to cure Eli and other children suffering from the condition.
3. The girls flew over Gloucestershire on the wings of their grandfather’s vintage planes.
4. They are the family’s third generation of wingwalkers to fly on the Boeing Stearman aircrafts.
5. Rose told The Daily Mail, “It’s quite scary when you take off but if you like mega funfair rides I think you’ll find the take-off really cool. The best bit was probably taking off or doing the Superwoman pose.”
6. Flame said, “It was really, really fun and really, really windy.”
7. The girls flew only meters apart from each other and reached speeds of 100 mph.
8. Rose: “It is dreadful that the older children like Eli get, the less able they become to do things that I take for granted.”
“It feels really nice to have done something to help Eli and hopefully get lots of people to know about the Duchenne Children’s Trust.”
9. Flame: “The best bit is just being in the air. My cousin and I came up with the idea to be the youngest formation wingwalking team and wanted to help Eli together.”
12. Emily Crossley, Eli’s mom and founder of the trust said, “We are very honored that Rose and Flame are wingwalking to break a world record to help raise awareness of our charity.”
“This is a disease that desperately needs a cure. For other young children to be moved to help our child and hundreds of thousands of boys like him is very humbling.”
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.