NYCT Subway Service
Photo of Kitten on Coney Island-bound tracks at Church Ave which caused delays, service suspensions on #B #Q http://t.co/OH8oBZniKK/ Via
The kittens were seen on the third track at around 11 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 29. The MTA immediately cut power to the third rail which carries 600 volts of electricity, halting service along the B and Q lines as MTA workers went on a search-and-rescue operation for the two kitties.
@Jane_WI RT @NBCLA: Kittens halt NYC subway for an hour after they run onto tracks. http://t.co/3kdf5tBQ7X
CBC Top Stories
Brooklyn subway halts for kittens 2 felines cause 2 hours delay. Riders not amused http://t.co/KYMFkrtt1R
7. Service was restored an hour and 24 minutes later, but the kittens were not rescued until 6:30 p.m. They were found in the same spot where they had been first seen.
Great job by transit 32 officers for rescuing two scrappy kittens off the B line just before. #cats @nypost
Cat owner #NYPD Officer Jason Bolger, of Transit District 32, said he felt “relief and joy” after rescue
9. The four-week-old kittens were taken to the Animal Care and Control Center in Brooklyn where they were christened Arthur and August. They will be put on three-day hold in case they are claimed by their owner after which they will be up for adoption.
Subway in Brooklyn NY shut down yesterday for 2 hours as kittens wander onto tracks. Thankfully both were rescued:
- BuzzFeed News has identified the 4th member of an ISIS cell that beheaded 27 hostages. His mother tells the family's story.
- Donald Trump has repeatedly panned the 2011 U.S. action in Libya. But that year, he blasted Obama for not targeting Qaddafi sooner.
- A Baltimore officer was found not guilty of charges stemming from Freddie Gray's death in police custody last year.