China’s National Tourism Administration recently released a 64-page guidebook that aims to project a “good image of Chinese tourists.” The social pointers ranged from the please-and-thank-you’s to the very bizarre. Here are some of the very bizarre.
1. “Don’t dry your handkerchief and underwear on the lampshade.”
2. “Do not leave footprints on the toilet seats, and flush after use.”
3. “If a performer slips on stage, be understanding but do not cheer, whistle and jeer.”
4. “Keep nose hairs neatly trimmed.”
5. “Do not force others to take a picture with you.”
6. “Wherever you dive in the ocean, don’t catch and take away any marine life.”
7. “Leave life jackets under your seat.” (AKA do not steal them.)
”..if a dangerous situation arises then someone else will not have a life jacket.”
8. Specifically in Italy: “Do not give someone a handkerchief.”
Because “it is considered an omen for wiping tears when you lose someone.”
9. Specifically in Korea: “Face sideways when drinking alcoholic beverages.”
10. Specifically in Spain: “Women in Spain should wear earrings in public—or else be considered effectively naked.”
11. Specifically in Germany: “Snap fingers to beckon dogs, not humans.”
- Republicans presented Democrats with a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling one of Trump's most controversial campaign promises.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲
- And you can now see your Uber rating right in the app 🚙 👀