Good speakers know how to work the room. They project the right personality and voice to articulate their message.
TalkShop, leading training facility offers the following tips for presentations and business meetings:
1. Speak up to be heard by everyone. Adjust your volume when addressing a larger audience. Do not rely on the microphone to amplify your voice.
2. Raise your volume gradually as you build interest towards the main idea. Lower it when you proceed with secondary ones.
3. Adjust your volume when you shift to another topic/idea.
4. Questions should end with a higher pitch, while statements should end on a level or lower pitch.
5. Talk faster to show enthusiasm or humor. Slow down to emphasize a major point, and allow the audience to absorb your message.
6. Control the timbre of your voice by lending emotions appropriate to the words and phrases.
7. Vary your expression to match the message.
Learn to speak with authority that commands attention and respect.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- Trump still hasn't taken a foreign trip. Obama traveled to nine countries and Bush had visited two at this same point in their presidencies.
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen."