1. Ray Meagher (Alf Stewart) is now the only original cast member left on the show.
2. The show was originally going to be called Refuge.
3. It’s the second-longest drama series in Australia, after Neighbours.
4. And the very first episode was 90 minutes long.
5. While the cast shoots out at Palm Beach in Sydney, the actual sets are based in Channel Seven's studios in Redfern.
6. The series has also been filmed in two overseas locations: Hawaii and London.
7. Ada Nicodemou (Leah) admitted in an interview that the cast sometimes uses what they call a “tear blower” to help them fake cry.
8. Isabel Lucas' character, Tasha, originally spoke Pig Latin – not because of a character storyline, but because Lucas had no previous acting experience.
9. Lynne McGranger wasn’t the original Irene. She took over the role in 1993 when Irene came back to the Bay.
Jacqui Philips originally played Irene from 1991-1992, then the character left the bay to "get herself together".