1. Mixtape dude.
2. The Hotep students.
They just want you to know that "the white man's water is not wetter, my sista." These students are always passing out pamphlets, renouncing things they used to enjoy, and wearing dashikis. They stand ready to argue — um — "enlighten" you at the slightest opportunity.
3. The dorm hairdresser.
4. The girl/guy who is pledging a Greek fraternity or sorority.
You know this person is on line because they rarely speak, always look tired, and can't look you in the eye. They'll be back to normal in a few weeks, though.
5. Refund check girl.
6. The person you always see on campus and at parties...but never in class.
They don't even carry a backpack or a pencil.
7. The activist.
9. The politician.
10. The professor who is like everyone’s mom.
When shit gets rough, her office is where you go to cry and/or vent.
11. The Que who always wears his gold boots.
12. The people obviously auditioning for a modeling troupe.
You will never catch them slippin'. This person is always dressed to the nines, with a face beat to the gods and an elaborate hairdo. The campus is their runway, and stilettos are mandatory — no matter the weather.
13. The guy with the candy-painted Chevy sitting on 24s.
14. The first-generation student.
This girl is serious. She sits in the front row, shushes the class if it gets too loud, and often asks the teacher, "What is the homework for tonight?"
And no, she won't be at the function on Friday, because she has to work.
15. The professor who will close the door and not let you in even if you're only one minute late.
17. The party promoter.
18. The reality star who’s back after disgracing the school’s name.
I know you remember Kyle from College Hill South Beach.