1. Who is she? Lorely Rodriguez, a Brooklyn-based queen making electronic pop songs that will give you all the feels.
2. Some of her songs are posted on YouTube as Colorminutes.
3. If you're a fan of Grimes or Purity Ring, then you should definitely check her out.
4. Don't call her Grimes, though. She doesn't mind, but their styles are completely different.
She has been an inspiration to me as a woman in the music industry, being a boss of the whole operation but I would say....the beats, the songs, the production? I think it's quite different. The way she works with musical textures is so her own thing!
5. She translated her debut song, "Water, Water", into Spanish so her mother could listen to it.
6. Currently, "Need Myself" is the song from her upcoming album that perfectly describes her.
It's a really inspiring song about self-love and that's what I'm going through right now.
7. And when her album drops "To Get By" and "Standard" are the first songs you should listen to.
9. She got her stage name from a tarot card reading.
The first card my friend pulled out was the Empress. I loved it! But I couldn't limit myself to just being empress of one thing so that's why I'm Empress Of.