Meet Jenny Mollen!
1. She's endlessly wise.
2. She's a badass who got banned from Instagram.
The most important thing to know about Teets is that, unlike most dogs, he's an actual person. I'm not one of those animal freaks who will tell you that all dogs are created equal. Some dogs are just dogs. Teets, however, is a person in a small dog-sized fur suit and has to be treated as such.
4. She's a pioneer in the world of dog bar mitzvahs.
5. She knows the importance of playing dress up.
6. She has an awesome job.
7. In fact, you may know her from Girls Season 3.
8. She knows how you really feel about having a sister.
9. She has an uncanny ability to tap into universal truths.
10. She's not one of those annoying new moms.
11. She has the cutest family.
12. She specializes in real talk.
The book is not good by any sort of literary standard. There is practically zero story. The heroine, Ana, is a fucking loser whom I'd never be friends with. And the love interest, Christian, is the type of guy who'd no doubt ask to fist me at a dinner party. My response, of course, being: 'Dude, you're twenty-seven years old. Get the fuck away from me... Wait, you have your own helicopter? Okay, come back.'... [But] After zipping through Fifty Shades Darker, the second book in the trilogy, I was doing things I hadn't done in years, like shaving all the blond hairs off the back of my thighs, closing the bathroom door while I peed, and seducing my husband with more than just a simple: 'I feel like we're supposed to be having sex.' I was a rabid, insatiable animal. And by that I mean I wanted sex more than twice a week.