This week, a viral Reddit thread asked users, "What’s a real fact that some people don’t want to accept?"
The conversation quickly got heated, as more and more people started sharing life's unpleasant — but very, very real — truths. Here are some of the best:
1. "Not everyone is going to like you."
4. "Many people don't wash their hands in the bathroom, unless they see someone else in the bathroom."
6. "Trolls don't hate you. They just try to stir you up to get a reaction. If anything they're just bored people who sit behind a screen."
7. "All the Froot Loops are the same flavor."
9. "Life isn't fair, and sometimes bullcrap happens for no reason when you did nothing wrong."
10. "When it comes to arguing, stating facts will rarely change people's minds."
11. "People don't dislike you because you're honest, they dislike you because you're an asshole."
13. "We are all getting older, all of us, all the time."
15. "No one really thinks about you, so STOP worrying about what other people think about you. They’re most likely thinking about their own problems."
16. "You are just as stubborn in your beliefs as the people you want to shake."
18. "Nobody cares about an inside joke that doesn't include them. Even when you hastily explain the story behind the joke. If you weren't there, then it's not funny."
19. "Credit cards are not magic free money. They will eat you alive."
20. "Crying is an extremely important part of human behavior and isn’t 'unmanly.' Never shame someone for crying."
22. "Sometimes you pee a little after you zip up."
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.